The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Aah shtopā€¦ he tries too hard to be controversial ā€¦

1 Like

A dime store Ewan.

3 Likes

Ah he has that way of talking normally about it too though. In the kind of unguarded ā€˜pubā€™ way brolly is on about.

This type of stuff is the gold standard. Apart from the Ronaldo stuff it always amazes me how shit people thought teams now seen as great like the man United team of 08 and managers like Ferguson were by contemporary pundits. Likes of Liverpool and city are universally lauded as great right now which probably shows how good they actually are.

Thatā€™s the thing. Shaquille O Neill and Barkley donā€™t need the money or the role. Theyā€™re just there for the entertainment themselves. They can say whatever they like. TSG has gone from bad to worse, and Iā€™d rather watch a public service announcement than the Sunday game. It provides no insight, no entertainment and no controversy. They donā€™t cover any game well, and they avoid any debatable bits. Whether this is Joanne Cantwell , or the producer, or both, Iā€™m not sure, but staying up late to watch it makes you feel like youā€™ve eaten a whole selection box.
It is utterly bland and a complete waste of time.

3 Likes

Agree. Micah Richards is exactly this. I donā€™t find him interesting or entertaining in the slightest. Seems nice, but thatā€™s about it.

1 Like

Fair enough but to me He seems to spend a lot of time picking holes in other programmes / journalists ā€¦ itā€™s all a bit bitchy ā€¦

Watching it is like forcing yourself to do homework

Itā€™s genuinely a waste of an hour of sleep.

1 Like

Lads happier with Dessie than letting a maverick like CP into the chair.

Thatā€™s what youā€™re dealing with Iā€™m afraid.

The public gets what the public wants.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the public gets what the public gets would be more accurate.

1 Like

Plenty of lads love dessie sadly. Lads are stupid.

Derry back at the top table and Joe not on tv.
Disgrace

Is Joe as edgy as he thinks he is?

Joeā€™s convinced heā€™s punk rock. Which would be an embarrassing enough thing to think at his age even if it was true.

Iā€™d say heā€™s referring to Alan Cawley. I like his analysis but Iā€™d say he annoys quite a few lads on here.

I am not

Big Pat Dolan?

I didnā€™t expect Joe to be a fan of Leo

Leo will nominate Joe for President
Joe playing the long game

Joe not having a negative word to say about the style of football in the Ulster final is peak brolly.