The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Cyril was a harmless aul divil. He never said anything remotely controversial in his life even though he had a few iconic phrases like bang and game on ger.
I think the fact that his name was Cyril was a huge help to him. Gave him great brand recognition

Yeah, throw Larry Oā€™Gorman in there with Johnny Pilkington for a start.

Agreed. But.you know writing he sees himself.in the picture. And heā€™s no Shaq or Sir Charles

The problem is looking for originality from public service tv. Most of the auld wans down the country are happy with what they get. It is impossible for the Sunday Game to cover everything. The pundits are afraid of their shit to say anything too controversial in case they lose the gig. Micah Richards and Roy Keane have earned enough not to give a shit. The football crowd are much worse than the hurling pundits. I agree that it all looks a bit contrived with the lecterns. There should be a streaming service with shows ran during the week to cover different tastes. Highlights, interviews, analysis etc

Someone ban this Cunt

Foxtel do a great job of offering a range of shows for rugby league and afl. Theyve one for both formats where 3 or 4 sports journalists do a round table of the week ahead, some time with a current or past player involved.

We really do have fuck all in terms of content

Itā€™s brutal - no preview show for the games ahead

Larry Oā€˜Gorman was a dullard.

1 Like

What? Dull compared to Derek McGrath who wonā€™t fuck up about heā€™s pals with every intercounty hurler within a 40km radius of Waterford City? No heā€™s not.

Larry O Gorman had the gig on the Sunday Game and lost it because he was a dullard.

4 Likes

They need to take the ipads off them anyway. They look ridiculous

Maybe then heā€™s the type of dullard they need then. Beats any of the absolute horseshit thatā€™d be on rte 2 at 9:30 tonight.

Micah Richards fulfils the role as ā€œManchester City manā€ and heā€™s black. Two boxes ticked for producers.

He seems like a very nice chap but heā€™s a safe, medium level English corporate banter man. That type of jocularity is pretty boring.

Patrice Evra was a non-safe banter man, like Joe Brolly. Hence he got bombed out of Sky almost as soon as he had started doing punditry for them.

RTE should get him in for the World Cup.

5 Likes

Sunday game is easy to fix

Presenter : Wollie
Football main pundit: Joe
Hurling main pundit: Tom Ryan

Just build around that, unfortunately no room for Dessie Cahill

1 Like

ndo is fantastic
stuey byrne is top notch
Johnny ward is great

Heā€™s already proved he wasnā€™t up to the job. He wonā€™t be getting another go.

1 Like

He lost it because he said a player ā€˜should be taken out and shotā€™

Which was a pretty silly thing to say.

And thereā€™s NBA lads saying ā€œIā€™ll slap the black off youā€ and itā€™s eulogised as best sports programme. Fuck me, easily offended is right.

I think he said it about one of the Antrim players who was married to an RUC woman