The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

There’s lads his vintage still playing Junior C in Laois.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean they should

If Brady or Giles disagreed with him, he’d strengthen his point by saying “John, John, John, Im in every Saturday night watching them, they can’t defend etc”

3 Likes

The problem is now that it is all too dry. Surely a glorified podcast/magazine preview show on a Thursday or Friday evening could be put on which could be more character/yarn based rather than the sterile/safe analysis we get during matches and the Sunday game would cost fuck all to produce.

1 Like

Even Des Cahill was calling out for this

This is probably the greatest moment in the the history of rte. The little fist slap at the end is iconic.

Mirimam o Callaghan was much better than scare Byrne too.

7 Likes

“Where did you get these 2 guys from”

5 Likes

He was box office. Laughing away

1 Like

100 pc. I do think the stats thing is a bit overblown too though. Proper analysis is wanted too especially given how scientific county set ups have become and the amount of stats and data they use. There needs to be a balance though and a Aussie ‘footy show’ or soccer goals on Sunday type show would be great. However there is a possibility that it would be a bit too ‘i supposey’ and the lads willing to open up properly and have a bit of craic in public are thin on the ground. It would be absolutely ideal for brolly.

Sean Cavanagh & Anna Geary would put a glass eye to sleep :zzz:. The woke brigade are slowly winning out everywhere on TV.

2 Likes

Joe Brolly is woke as fuck?

1 Like

@Bandage’s xP and xG measurement needs to become a staple of GAA statistics.

It would be delightful to see supporters of winning teams turned into furious wrecks when the statistics show that their team should have lost a game they won, and should have lost it by 21 points, as was the case with Galway against Cork.

The same statistics would make the supporters of the team that lost but should have won even more furious.

The existence of such a statistic would make traditionalists (“it’s all bollocks”) even more furious again.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Watching it back (obviously I was there on the day) knowing that we had done it probably made it more special but by christ, even now, that still makes me smile

And then Marty did his best to ruin it shoe-horning Cranberries references in.

4 Likes

Derry are losers Joe

3 Likes

1 Like

Joe has crossed the rubicon there. You oughtn’t say that about your own brethren imo.

He’s telling it like it is. Galway winning the All-Ireland would be nightmarish and yet by 15 minutes into the second half I had more than made peace with them reaching the final.

1 Like

Hes honest even to the point of making enemies.
Hes gone up in my estimation.

1 Like

You forgot something important.

Joe doesn’t give two fucks.

Was here chatting away to a few Derry supporters in The Celt Pub. They’d agree with him. But it’s probably the older generation that’d agree.

1 Like