The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Banty asking Gilroy, did you pull Oā€™Gara/Philly etc straight out of prison back around 2009 was a great story.

1 Like

His being back is the only reason cluxton, mannion and mccaffrey are back. Pat is a god really.

Itā€™ll literally wreck Joeā€™s head if he can get into the Whitehouse but not the derry dressing room

Who would he have to ride to do that?

Thought the podcast was quite underwhelming. Joe seemed to want to just promote the stories that he was linked to - trinity , Michael Darragh Macauley . I would have liked to hear more about Gilroys influences eg Heffo and Vincents. Also on managing Connolly . It all seemed a bit scattered

Lot of mutual back slapping in fairness. I hate it when lads go on about the sporting achievements of their youth

1 Like

Our future president

5 Likes

Ah thatā€™s class.

Sounds like MDM is doing fantastic work with all the alcoholics and drug addicts in Dublin .
He has a big job on his hands.

Is that one of JPā€™s jockeys?

1 Like

Gilroy sounds like heā€™s absolutely stinkers rich. Is that the case? Knew he had Dalkia (not sure what they were, facility mgt?) But wasnā€™t aware of much a bidness man he was.

Serious big hitter

Do you mean Veloia? He is CEO of a massive construction company now

Are you suggesting Dalkia is a front for something else?

Maybe thatā€™s what was in my head.

Fair play to him. Sounds like a good man. Decent wife behind him which is never a bad thing too by the sounds of things.

2 Likes

Dalkia became/was subsumed into Veolia

Gilroy is with Breedon Ireland now, construction/energy crowd

3 Likes

I think at one stage he had 4 kids under the age of 6, was running a ā‚¬150m revenue company and guiding Dublin to their first AI win in 16 odd years.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t strike you as a lad fannying around talking about airport lounges on internet forums.

11 Likes

I thought he managed St. Vincentā€™s senior team before the Dublin job, no?

No - he was still playing on them. An awkward but effective target man.