The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Alot more than you clearly.

Nothing clear about that.

Ya it was a Munster employee was first telling me and how they viewed Ulster approach as one way to go. Private money is critical though.

Rugby is really doing a great job with sport in this country

1 Like

Its crystal

Nothing crystal about it.

Its barely in the top ten in terms of playing numbers

Whats good about that

2 Likes

Joe’s article today was awful lazy cliched stuff. Today’s footballers have no creativity and are slaves to the system.

2 Likes

These lads don’t do nuances. Is it an Ulster thing?

Utter guff

Zlatan,Totti,Dembele,Rogic etc etc

1 Like

A lot of Brolly’s work, particularly about the state of modern football, is the polished barrister’s articulation of a clichéd opinion. His version of the ‘no characters in the game anymore’ a few weeks ago was a classic of the genre.

3 Likes

Its 4th i believe

Thats not relevant to the discussion anyway.

4th when you exclude the top 5

Its relevant to you praising the irfu

1 Like

Rugby (international rugby) is a corporate entertainment thing more than a sport. Imagine Brolly and Clerkin outrage if GAA tickets were regularly changing hands at 1100 a pop. They are for the Ireland - England game because corporates are buying them.

2 Likes

As a club member I will be able to buy one at face value thankfully. I wouldn’t shed many tears for the British corporates forking out that money for their ticket

So every club member is entitled to a 6N Ticket?

Do a lot of clubs sell them off to raise money?

my sense is a huge number of people at those games are corporates.

Not having a crack at rugby here - can do that elsewhere - but having a crack at Brolly and Clerkin holding up rugby as a shining light of all that is wrong with GAA and ignoring issues they would use to criticise the GAA.

Nonsense. Thats just irish lads tak8ng wealthy brita for a ride.
I’m not a member of a rugby club, gone to numerour Irl-Eng games and never paid above the odds

Btw - did you go to Ed Coughlan yesterday at Crokes?

Friday night. Missed it as had to work.

Maybe it has got worse but i thought a lot of club tickets got sold off to corporates.

Any feedback?

He has a great mind and highly educated, just wondered how the delivery would be for club coaches who may or may not want to be there.

Certainly in my club yes. Maybe on bigger dublin clubs might be a problem