The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

It’s like the walk of life.

2 Likes

All the violence and double talk?

This

1 Like

@SHANNONSIDER was some looking sham all the same.

@iron_mike had some set of teeth on him.

1 Like

Ah kilkenny. What a great bunch of lads. It’s just a pity that all the other counties are ruining it with cynical play.

I’m glad you have this place flatty, this seethe would look unseemly anywhere else.

You can look at lower age competitions and get a decent sense of which counties are investing and which are not.

Have a look at FĂ©ile u14 and you can see where traditionally weaker counties have clubs holding their own at the top table. I’ll make an example of my current home in Kildare. Naas have been challenging for a long time at FĂ©ile and are a Division 1 hurling team.

You’d expect to begin seeing progress with Kildare at minor. Here’s a result from last weekend: Kildare 1-23 Offaly 1-20, after extra time. Leinster Minor Hurling Quarter Final.
Kildare play Kilkenny in the semi final.

1 Like

This seethe does indeed look unseemly out in the general media. Imagine if it was on behalf of a county not your own? That really would make one look an oddball.

1 Like

Beating Offaly isn’t exactly a yardstick. Laois beat Kildare in that competition earlier in the group stage. Laois got Wexford in the draw, Kildare got Offaly. Luck of the draw as they say.

Kildare are extremely well conditioned, and that’ll stand to them against Kilkenny mind you.

How do you mean? Its like you’re trying to say something here?

It is when you’re a Christy Ring team at Senior.

Offaly will be a Christy Ring team soon enough. The same as Kildare.

why are they Joe Macdonagh cup games played behind closed doors on saturday afternoons pal?
id have thought there would have been huge crowds at these games

OK, will Antrim and Westmeath? Beat both of those comfortably. Lost to Laois by a point.

What are you trying to say here?

Kildare is a place with huge potential. Huge population of culchies in the place now to drive it on. Same with Meath

Its a few fellas in Naas driving on Kildare hurling, or it was not so long back. Its all well and good having population if you don’t have the plan or the will to execute said plan. At the end of the day, unless the Meath and Kildare county boards take hurling seriously, and really seriously, you’ll be at fuck all really.

Is Gary Kirby the young lad between the interviewee and the reporter?

Careful now or I’ll square up to you