The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Stick a fork in Offaly, they are done.

FT. 1-18 to 1-16 to Kerry. I think.

Jesus did see the ref been attacked there

Laois off to the McCarthy

Offaly off to the Ring

See ya later pals

1 Like

He’s in LIT, very pacy, handy hurler. From what I’ve heard, the commitment of intercounty hurling doesn’t exactly suit him but he’s one of their better players alright.

He was probably right . A draw wasn’t worth a shit to Offaly . They needed 2 scores

True but easier try to come back for the point than the goal

The Kerry man behind Buff was priceless, the Offaly lads trying to get at the ref and the Kerry man roaring at them “HOI HOI HOI GET OFF THE FOCKIN FIEEEEELLLD YA CUNT!!!”

1 Like

Kerry won’t shed any tears for Offaly anyway that’s for sure

1 Like

Possibly even probably but there was a forest of men between Shane Dooley and goal and 40 or so yards .

About 15 times as many posts about Kerry and Offally in a Joe McDonagh relegation dogfight as there was about ireland gibraltar the other night.

RTE (and @rocko) take note

2 Likes

And why should they… Fuck Offaly. :wave:

Next stop the Nicky Rackard for Offaly.

What a mess. They’ve let hurling in the county die away.

Well done Kerry. Probably didn’t have as good players as Offaly but they had balls and guts which saw them home.

Kerry have gone a good bit back from when CiarĂĄn was in charge.

Well done @Julio_Geordio and @corner_back tipping Kerry to win that. Hon the Kingdom!

1 Like

Down vs Meath in the Christy Ring Final I see, without having followed it to any extent you’d fancy Meath to win and go up.

Is there a fourth division below Christy Ring that Offaly might fall to? Where the lines Warwickshire and Lancashire are playing?

There’s two more levels below that, but they’ll be fine at Christy ring. There’s two or three okay sides down there but the rest are woeful. They should have plenty on paper to come up but with the format after the first few rounds you can be caught on a day and the year is over.

The next is Nicky Rackard and then you have the absolute dungeon of Lory Meagher, where you’re playing against lads from Manchester, the Isle of Man and Leitrim. I’d say they are probably safe enough from dropping that far somehow.