The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Kildare hurling is a cod. Kildare can’t field a decent football team and lads here genuinely thinking they were an emerging force in hurling. :laughing:

They did. Carla did the exact opposite.

Offaly get to pick their finalist now. Laois will need to beat Kerry and hope Offaly beat Carla. A Carla win means it will be an Offaly Carla McDonagh final.

Offaly have chosen Carla

12 changes

What age is Shane Dooley? Must be close to the longest serving I/C hurler? Although I think he has had some breaks

1 Like

He’d have plenty of breaks playing with Offaly. Twas a short season for long time.

5 Likes

He must be closer to 40 than 30 though.

37 in September according to Wiki

It’s fair dedication to keep going that length of time. The injuries have really restricted him in recent years but he has still ploughed on, often with Offaly at a desperately low ebb. Have to admire that.

2 Likes

An ounce of breeding. Shane is a gent

Plenty lads on the panel there with what I’d imagine solid pedigree. Possibly a buck of Joachim’s there in the subs along with a Delaney among others. I’ve never heard of Clodiagh Gaels however.

He started in the big leagues and went through the whole shit show. Hopefully he can leave them in the big time again.

He’s one of the very best to ever play the game imho

You can forget about Offaly as a county

Dry your eyes mate

Carlow v Offaly, Joe McDonagh Cup Final. The Box Office Big Two pairing everyone wanted.

2 Likes

Erra ‘tis grand, this is football country after all. And if you can’t beat Carla you’re as well putting the hurls away for the year

A resounding 18 point win for the unbeaten Carlow. Lads were laughing here at the fact that Monaghan are vastly superior to them in football with a similar enough population but Carlow certainly make the most of themselves in hurling terms. Marty “Mouse” Kavanagh would start for any team in the country.

Carlow look like they’ve really kicked on since only beating Offaly by the 5 points in the 2022 renewal of the Joe McDonagh Cup.

See the replies …The Laois lads going ape :joy::joy: