The Kafkaesque Trial of Judge Brett Kavanaugh - labane hot on the trail

She said it was near some country club but couldn’t remember where exactly. I recall during the hearing her being asked how she got there and back and she said she had no idea.

OK that’s a good example. For it to be considered perjury, you’d have to prove he intentionally lied.

What he specifically said was “I had no connections there and I busted my butt to get in”. This can easily be argued as I had no contacts at the time at Yale who helped to get me in. It is true he had a grandfather who attended Yale but you would have to show (i) that fact helped him get into Yale, and (ii) he intentionally lied, which is preposterous given how his statement can be interpreted as being contemporary.

Just because the media are claiming he lied does not mean he committed perjury.

The biggest question that remains is why is she, or her attorneys, unwilling to present materials that could back up her case. She came forward and her first testimony was to a newspaper, after advice from her attorneys. She provided back up materials to the Washington Post like her therapist notes and polygraph tests. She then delayed her testimony to the Senate using flimsy excuses like fear of flying, when the obvious truth is her attorneys needed a week to prepare her.

Why would you call for an FBI investigation and then refuse to turn over the materials that supposedly back up your account?

Kavanaugh said Yale Law for Grad school afaik. There is actually quite a bit of difference.

Kavanaugh’s overall point was that he didn’t have a blue blood family that had a strong connection to the highest echelons of the legal profession. His family was clearly an upwardly mobile one but only a real hack would pick apart his academic career.

This is the exact quote;

Kavanaugh replied: “Senator, you were asking about college. I got into Yale Law School. That’s the No. 1 law school in the country. I had no connections there. I got there by busting my tail in college.”

The point about perjury is that it must be shown to be intentionally lying under oath and it must be relevant to the case at hand. Kavanaugh is being accused of a sexual assault, whether his dead grandfather helped him get into Yale is hardly relevant to the case at hand.

If we examine the accusations of perjury, Blasey Ford is looking a little more suspect.

Kavanaugh is being accused of lying about his drinking. He has said he drank beer and sometimes drank too much beer, sometimes to the point of passing out or falling asleep. He denies having black outs. There are witnesses who have come forward who say he was frequently drunk during college, and other witnesses who say he didn’t drink anymore more than the average college drinker.

Chances of proving that as perjury: Zero, impossible to prove he is lying, and whether he drank or not in college is irrelevant to whether he sexually assaulted someone when he was 17.

Blasey Ford in supporting her claim of PTSD induced by the alleged attack answered a question directly from Feinsten “did you install a second door in your house because of claustrophobia” by saying “correct”. In fact the claim is that the installation of the door led to an argument with her husband in 2012 where she disclosed the attack in her teenage years as the reason for the door, resulting in them undertaking couples therapy.

The second door is part of an extension they built in 2008, allowing them rent out this added part of their house (something that’s against city regulations in Palo Alto).

Chances of proving that as perjury: Very high, as it pertains directly to her allegation.

I wasn’t talking about perjury, I was referring to the Newsweek article which was wrong.

1 Like

We appear to be back to the days where “No Irish Need Apply”.

Where’s Ian O Doherty on this?Has he still got a job?

It seems the FBI have found nothing so the narrative is shifting.

Trump is some windup merchant, slagging off Ford at a rally has the snowflakes in meltdown. :joy: He is a fruitcake.

link?

These lefty head bangers are pathetic … Hounding people furiously on social media to get their way.

1 Like

That’s a shocker. :slight_smile:

No surprise there, none of these allegations ever had a shred of corroborating evidence to back them up. You have to seriously question the motives of someone who comes forward with an allegation from 36 years ago who knows they have no independent evidence to back it up.

Democrats have fucked this one up badly. They were surging in the polls and expected to win big in the mid terms in November. This coordinated scumbag attack on Kavanaugh has fired up the Republican base and will swing a lot of Independents to vote Republican.

It’s typical of the so called left… the new way is to scream and shout and demand everything instead of going out and rolling up the sleeves and doing the political work that should be done.

Trial be social media and short snippets of videos is the new world order… delighted we smashed the bastards here.

1 Like

The narrative has shifted from he’s a sex offender to he’s an Irish drunk to now he doesn’t have the temperament to be a justice because he got angry at the hearing.

How dare he get angry at being accused of drugging and gang raping underage girls when he was 17. A claim that was made by someone who claimed to have attended at least 10 parties involving him and his friends, but not one person who was around at the time and went to schools in the area even heard of her.

But according to Democrats these people have not just to be taken seriously but believed.