The League of Ireland thread

O’Leary gets coverage EVERYWHERE. The letter will get negligible coverage.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]

Rovers like Milan & many clubs on the continent play in a muncipal stadium

KOH[/quote]

How many games have Rovers actually played there?

Can one of the English language pedants tell me if that statement about winning 6 championships since the 80’s is correct?

I got banned off the Always Ultras forum for voting negatively in the Michael O’Neill poll :slight_smile:

piece on about us on newstalk now

The 1980s started on 1st January 1980, so it’s probably a fair enough statement.

Last time Rovers won the league Big Jack was still in charge of Ireland.

Last time Rovers won the cup, Ireland hadn’t even qualified for a World Cup.

its correct

newstalk right now

Emmet Malone - “they have a glamour about them in a league that sadly lacks glamour…”

KOH

I don’t listen to Newstalk. Emmet Malone wouldn’t make me more inclined to do so.

I got all the glamour I needed over the past year supporting the Big Club thanks very much.

very very positive piece- a media blitz today - well done to all concerned

KOH

:slight_smile:

I’m not taking your word for it. I want a stickly fucker like Farmer to approve it.

The 80’s is a period of the time, hence the phrase “they have six championships since the 80’s” would imply that they won those titles after that period of time. They didn’t. They have won one major title in all that time.

google it you mong

The championships consist of five Premier and one First Division

The listnership of OTB is made up of:

1. Dumb EPL/Celtic fans who aren’t going to suddenly start going to Rovers games.

2. Half clued up EPL/Celtic fans who aren’t going to suddenly start going to Rovers games.

3. Fans of Rovers themselves, and other LOI clubs who aren’t going to suddenly start going to Rovers games.

4. Boggers wondering why they haven’t been talking about the Cork hurlers, wankers wondering why Gerry Thornley hasn’t been on yet, compulsive gamblers wondering why Donn McClean hasn’t been on yet, and assorted other geeks, schoolkids, and general wierdos.

I fail to see the positive benefit of Rovers taking O’Leary seriously. I’d say he’s chuckling away to himself. Think of the kids though, at least they can go to school tomorrow and stick up for Rovers to their normal friends “but look at the letter they wrote back in response, read it, it’s brilliant!”.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]google it you mong

The championships consist of five Premier and one First Division[/quote]

I know the facts. I stated that earlier, you mong They have won one premier league title since 1987. What I am wondering is if the statement is grammatically correct.

[quote=“The Runt”]I’m not taking your word for it. I want a stickly fucker like Farmer to approve it.

The 80’s is a period of the time, hence the phrase “they have six championships since the 80’s” would imply that they won those titles after that period of time. They didn’t. They have won one major title in all that time.[/quote]

Are you deliberately trying to push for a nomination? Rovers are a joke, you don’t have to be an English pedant to recognise this. Take my word for it, I got an A1 in LC English. I challenge you to do better next year.

Ha, ha, I was just wondering. I know that if you said “there hasn’t been a hurricane in Ireland since the 80’s” then it would imply the hurricane happened in the 80’s.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iyg2e0njey5

KOH

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]The listnership of OTB is made up of:

1. Dumb EPL/Celtic fans who aren’t going to suddenly start going to Rovers games.

2. Half clued up EPL/Celtic fans who aren’t going to suddenly start going to Rovers games.

3. Fans of Rovers themselves, and other LOI clubs who aren’t going to suddenly start going to Rovers games.

4. Boggers wondering why they haven’t been talking about the Cork hurlers, wankers wondering why Gerry Thornley hasn’t been on yet, compulsive gamblers wondering why Donn McClean hasn’t been on yet, and assorted other geeks, schoolkids, and general wierdos.

I fail to see the positive benefit of Rovers taking O’Leary seriously. I’d say he’s chuckling away to himself. Think of the kids though, at least they can go to school tomorrow and stick up for Rovers to their normal friends “but look at the letter they wrote back in response, read it, it’s brilliant!”.[/quote]

:slight_smile:

2 questions

What does KOH mean?

How do Rovers fans feel about an Occupied 6 International managing their team?