[/quote]

He was checking this thread every two mins waiting for someone to ask thisā€¦

Kilcoyne Our Hero

or

Keep on Hooping

[quote=ā€œSledgehammerā€]Kilcoyne Our Hero
[/quote]

:slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe he might answer the second question then seeing as heā€™s been avoiding it all week.

I have no idea whatā€™s going on in this thread but they were talking about this match on Des Cahill the other week. Good read.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/1985/29/

[quote=ā€œMacā€]:slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe he might answer the second question then seeing as heā€™s been avoiding it all week.[/quote]

vast majority including myself wouldnt mind - he will be a brilliant manager

[quote=ā€œMacā€]At the root of it all we agree heā€™s a good manager and a cunt. This all started off by NCC saying he was a crap manager which I think is bollix.

A lot of what Iā€™m saying is based on the 1990 season as I was brought up watching it as my Da is a Corkman. Teddy struck me as a fine athlete but not a footballer. Thought he was a much better hurler. Dave Barry, again a good athlete and soccer player but I didnt think he was a good footballer. Cork seemed to have a game plan based on isolating the corner forwards and letting them run riot. Maybe Barry and Teddy suffered from this trying to draw Reilly and Oā€™Connell up the field to leave space behind them for McGrath and McCarthy.[/quote]

Your bang on about the corner forward ploy, itā€™s something that many many teams in Cork do or try, but these days its easy enough to counter-act.
Teddy probably was a better hurler, but donā€™t most dual players look better at hurling because its a better game to watch generally (at Inter-County level iā€™m talking about). Dave Barry though was a fantastic footballer in my book, and was a huge part of that team. I just wonder what Dave would have been like in the present climate with all the conditioning and fitness training that goes with it. Maybe he wouldnā€™t have gone for all that, he just went out and played.
Agreed on Morgan from what i have seen and know.

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]says a malahide gga man- :smiley: tell us a bit about the referree being put in hospital at a syls stick hurling game & not 1 witness coming forward or about how the club needs the local pub to finance it so it can stay afloat & how the local soocer club dwarves it in terms of numbers & facilities

Rovers like Milan & many clubs on the continent play in a muncipal stadium

KOH[/quote]

Was it a Syls man that put him in hospital? Didnā€™t see anything about the club being disciplined?
You should take a trip up to the nursery in Broomfield on a Saturday morning before you talk about numbers, no waiting lists or trials or plebs walking around with clipboards taking notes on 7 year olds up there aka the local soccer club.

Is the local pub financing them? Thought they had taken over management of the bar, if they were expecting the takings from the bar to finance them they wouldā€™t get very far. ā€œGerry Gannonā€ ring a bell, the local soccer club didnā€™t finance their facilities themselves.

[quote=ā€œMullach Ideā€]Was it a Syls man that put him in hospital? Didnā€™t see anything about the club being disciplined?
You should take a trip up to the nursery in Broomfield on a Saturday morning before you talk about numbers, no waiting lists or trials or plebs walking around with clipboards taking notes on 7 year olds up there aka the local soccer club.

Is the local pub financing them? Thought they had taken over management of the bar, if they were expecting the takings from the bar to finance them they wouldā€™t get very far. ā€œGerry Gannonā€ ring a bell, the local soccer club didnā€™t finance their facilities themselves.[/quote]

unfortunatley a veil of silence descended on syls after the ref was assaulted - sickening stuff - now they are in the pocket of a publican -
not a malahide utd man myself but i do know they dwarf Gibneys CLG

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]unfortunatley a veil of silence descended on syls after the ref was assaulted - sickening stuff - now they are in the pocket of a publican -
not a malahide utd man myself but i do know they dwarf Gibneys CLG[/quote]

Sure they couldnā€™t fill the bar in gibneys for their sausage sambos on a Saturday.
Better than being in the pocket of Gerry fucking Gannon.

[quote=ā€œMullach Ideā€]Sure they couldnā€™t fill the bar in gibneys for their sausage sambos on a Saturday.
Better than being in the pocket of Gerry fucking Gannon.[/quote]

more than 1 football club in malahide though - luckily there are more principled people in malahide than members of malahid eutd & gibneys CLG

people argueing to the validity of the league of ireland and other soccerball clubs is comical, especially when they attempt to compare them to the bastion of sporting organisations that is cumann luath cleas gael.

very true -the clg is a bastard of an organisation -

In the Indo , the Star & on pat kenny radio show

KOH

I didnā€™t bring Malahide Utd into it, you did. So there is a second soccer club in Malahide with more members and better facilities than St Sylvesters?

no, there are at least 3 other soccer clubs in malahide with more Morals & integrity than Gibneys CLG - how many people at that game when the ref was hospitalised -strange that no one saw anything

What are these clubs?
Was the club sanctioned after the hospitalisation of the referee?
If it was a member of the club, surely they would have been even if no-one saw it

Again you first mentioned Malahide Utd,are they a club with integrity?
Donā€™t drift away from your first example.

[quote=ā€œMullach Ideā€]Again you first mentioned Malahide Utd,are they a club with integrity?
Donā€™t drift away from your first example.[/quote]

doubt it - they are in cahoots with a developer.Gibneys CLG are run by a publican - much of a muchness in term of integrity

would some syls men not break away & form a new club ( probably a demand for it as syls senior team is full of muldoons now so local lads have nowhere to play GGA)

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]doubt it - they are in cahoots with a developer.Gibneys CLG are run by a publican - much of a muchness in term of integrity

would some syls men not break away & form a new club ( probably a demand for it as syls senior team is full of muldoons now so local lads have nowhere to play GGA)[/quote]

Again, the bar in the clubhouse is run by Gibneys under a management contract not the club.