The League of Ireland thread

well if a tema warms up for 60 minutes then I’d say they’d be shattered by the time the game was over. a Load of bullshit really, and as said, Limerick have played there a number of times already and there was no problem, why are they making an issue of it now?

Maybe they hadn’t played there at night time or the condition of the flood lights had deteriorated recently, as the main issue with the 2nd pitch seems to have been the “poor” lighting on it.

All seems a bit farcical really.

[quote=“Pikeman”]It’s about time the Youths built up a rivalry with some team.
Limerick’ll do.[/quote]

i wonder will the wexford fans come down and try and wreck the steering wheel(pool of blood) next season like some other LoI fans:p…

[quote=“The Runt”]Maybe they hadn’t played there at night time or the condition of the flood lights had deteriorated recently, as the main issue with the 2nd pitch seems to have been the “poor” lighting on it.

All seems a bit farcical really.[/quote]

no, they had played under lights before alright. for feck sake tho, how much ‘light’ do you need to warm up. sure most of the warm up would be without a football, and I doubt the light is that bad. sure Wexford warm up in the same pitch, might explain why they are so far down the table, but still.

Wallace was good on Newstalk last night and that’s where his quotes have been taken from. As Pikeman says, it’s about time we built up a feud with someone and these cunts and their preposterous claims of requiring a 60-minute warm up will do.

only if their lads come to new ross :stuck_out_tongue:

I see Drogheda, last years champions, can’t afford to pay their players until they get the money at the turnstiles from their next two matches. What class of a Buffoon does one have to be to get to run one of this toerag “clubs”?

A pack of fucking idiots - fellah’s that couldn’t make it in england playing, scum in the stands watching it and spanners that can’t add/subtract running the show with that bastion of efficiency, the FAI, overseeing it all from afar.

You have to laugh.

More positive news for SRFC LOI fans saw this coming a long time ago- the Queens 11 are next & by my reckoning that will only leave Pats who are stronger than us-(if that doesnt go pear shaped too

A load of people to blame about the current state of the LOI - ollie byrne- the fans of these clubs-property speculators & the FAI

Rumour is that bohs are spending at 140% there income so when the court case goes against them they are fooked

The SRFC model is the way forward but I doubt if other clubs have the same passionate fans of us (when Cork held their emergency meeting less than 100 turned up)

Great days indeed to be a Hoop

[quote=“tipptops*”]I see Drogheda, last years champions, can’t afford to pay their players until they get the money at the turnstiles from their next two matches. What class of a Buffoon does one have to be to get to run one of this toerag “clubs”?

A pack of fucking idiots - fellah’s that couldn’t make it in england playing, scum in the stands watching it and spanners that can’t add/subtract running the show with that bastion of efficiency, the FAI, overseeing it all from afar.

You have to laugh.[/quote]

it was a property speculator who wanted to build Houses on their ground & build them a stadium in Meath its not the owners who are to blame but the fans that were happy with it

[quote=“north county corncrake”]More positive news for SRFC LOI fans saw this coming a long time ago- the Queens 11 are next & by my reckoning that will only leave Pats who are stronger than us-(if that doesnt go pear shaped too

A load of people to blame about the current state of the LOI - ollie byrne- the fans of these clubs-property speculators & the FAI

Rumour is that bohs are spending at 140% there income so when the court case goes against them they are fooked

The SRFC model is the way forward but I doubt if other clubs have the same passionate fans of us (when Cork held their emergency meeting less than 100 turned up)

Great days indeed to be a Hoop[/quote]

You won’t be happy until all thats left is Scumrock A V Scumrock B in my stadium in tallaght.

:rolleyes:[quote=“The Runt”]You won’t be happy until all thats left is Scumrock A V Scumrock B in my stadium in tallaght.[/quote]

Irelands most succesful sports team just got stronger

[quote=“north county corncrake”]More positive news for SRFC LOI fans saw this coming a long time ago- the Queens 11 are next & by my reckoning that will only leave Pats who are stronger than us-(if that doesnt go pear shaped too

Great days indeed to be a Hoop[/quote]

Revelling in another’s misfortune and demise.

Going against everything that is good in sport. Its not long ago that rovers were nearly finished too remember.

For shame…

:rolleyes:[quote=“myboyblue”]Revelling in another’s misfortune and demise.

Going against everything that is good in sport. Its not long ago that rovers were nearly finished too remember.

For shame…[/quote]

for shame:D:D:

going against everything that is good in sport:D

so liverpool fans should be happy with Roman pumping money into chelsea & shouldnt be happy if he left???:smiley:

Shouldn’t revel it in it. Very typical of LOI football fans this. A shame really.

Congrats on finding the smiley button btw.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Shouldn’t revel it in it. Very typical of LOI football fans this. A shame really.

Congrats on finding the smiley button btw.[/quote]

yes, what bad sports Celtic fans are when they hear about murrays financial misfortune - shame on them :rolleyes::smiley:

This very very different to anything in the EPL or SPL. The entire is league is very close to collapse in this country, this kind of uncertainty does nothing to encourage youngsters to stay at home and try there hand with there local club instead of heading off to England and being fucked around for 3 or 4 years. With every club that gets into financial difficulty it’s another nail in the coffin of the domestic game and to see you reveling in it is quiet sad. Sums you up really.

Hey, you wont find me defending soccerball fans.

Doesnt make it any better, but hey, I wouldnt expect much more from the likes of rovers, we’re all familiar with the club and how it acts. When there’s nothing left but rovers, then you’ll be happy I presume.

no its not, how many clubs have gone to the wall this season? zilch
clubs are just going to be more realistic with their expenditure ,that is all & clubs like SRFC who have been prudent will be the model to follow

Prudent? don’t think they had any choice as they had absolutely no money…hardly prudent…they went begging to fans to give up money from their wages every week by direct debit to run the club …then they were handed a free stadium…to me thats more Desperate than prudent…

the fans took over the club & now run it -there are close to 500 members who contribute towards running the club & have a say in how its run -we own the club

give up money from their wages every week by direct debit to run the club:rolleyes:

that line baffles me- firstly its monthly-whats the signifance of paying by direct debit, whats the point of saying from their wages??? everytime I pay for something its from my wages -

finally Rovers wernt handed a free stadium - they will be playing in a muncipal stadium like many many teams on the continent do