The League of Ireland thread

Its hardly relevant whether its monthly or weekilyā€¦the point is you can hardly go mocking other LOI clubs when you had to go to your own fans with a begging bowlā€¦ at least these clubs developed their own facilitiesā€¦if you want to be pedantic its actually nearer to 570 club members who contributeā€¦

We own the club, we didnt come to ourselves with begging bowl we as fans bought the club

There is around 500 members of the club- I know,Im one of them

In fairness I think itā€™s a good model.

What all this about direct debitsā€¦shure what direct debit can you get out of a dole check?

i think more clubs will be going down that road

true but you shouldnā€™t take such pleasure in other clubā€™s demise having been there yourselvesā€¦you know how easily it can happenā€¦

so Celtic fans shouldnt take pleasure in Rangers financial worries too?

Not to the extent that it could affect their existanceā€¦If your into football you want to see these teams competing against eachotherā€¦Iā€™d say any of the celtic fans on here would say its the game they look forward to the mostā€¦if that was jeopardised by one of them going out of business and you were genuinely delighted then i doubt you are really into the game football in the first placeā€¦

No one is going out of existence its just going to be a level playing field

Its the exact same thing that has happened with the huns- for years they were in the unsustainable practice of paying big money for players when their income wasnt justifying it now they cant do that anymore & have to be realistic - same thing happening these LOI clubs- the likes of Joe Gamble wont be getting 3k a week anymore as it was breaking clubs-

Why would you equate yourself to the boiling pot of bile that is Glasgow?

Are you watching Rovers scum?

Whats with all the Cockney lads in the crowd??

• Champions -

seems to me that the barsoolers of the forum have indulged in another bout of rovers-bashing. what rovers fans have achieved in rescuing and rebuilding their club is quite remarkable. Most of this country and i suspect most of this forums begrudgers arent fans but consumers of english and scottish football teams. They might make the occasional trip to the club shop at anfield or parkhead when they go to maybe 2 games a season. this is where actual interaction with their clubs ends. They might wear the ersey down the local and talk shite with the other drones at the water cooler but they are essentially conumers of brand glasgow celtic or brand man u. they are similar to the kind of half-wit dublin knob who says he supports the munster rugby team. Rovers fans arent consumers - they actually contribute, organise and support. What we have achieved at rovers is a esament to real football in the face of the rampant consumerism of the so called fans of brit soccer. Instead of deriding the efforts of SRFC perhaps posters should focus on the money squandered by spas on their trips to the ā€œmainlandā€ every weekend to throw their money into liverpools coffers or to be ridden raw up the hole by the sectarian cartels of glasgow. We are Irish Football. Thats why we are the most successful club in the history of this country.

good post

Bullshit - who cares?

more people in Ireland play soccer than gga & stick hurling put together
more people in Ireland watched man utd vs chelsea than the all ireland final
the esri said he gga is in decline

deal with it

:D:D

Waffle - who cares?

SRFC are probably the most supported team on this forum(as in peoples first team)

We must be the only two alive.
I havenā€™t detected any support for ā€œBeautiful Sligoā€ on the board/forum so far, but yourself, with your superior intellect, obviously have them sussed.