The Lesser GAA Pundits Fresh Take

There was a lad doing sidekick to Pauric Lodge there yesterday on the radio For the Cork match when I was driving back from Thurles. Shane something (Stapleton?). He was trying very hard to make himself into a two Johnnies type character but came across more as a rubber Johnny. We had the obligatory he’s scored wan wan. And such classics as

The field is immaculate I’d say if you spilt the dinner on it you could ate straight off the grass with a knife and fork.

(Some Clare player) is really fast - it’s like chasing after a Honda 50.

2 Likes

He’s a twat of the highest order.

1 Like

Ever listened to any of his podcasts?

Shane McGrath? He does a good bit of radio punditry during the league. Stapleton takes himself too seriously to be at that craic I’d say

1 Like

Did you here his podcast after the Munster final? He was apoplectic

I think it was Shane McGrath

2 Likes

Could have been.

I pay as little heed as possible to him

1 Like

Worth a listen this time round though.

He is a simian little individual, an ape in bonsai.

If he was any good as a person or as a hurler, he would be playing with Borris-Ileigh.

As for the ‘shows’ with Michael Smarmy… ‘Michael Breen should playing full back for Tipp yadda yadda.’ They love tabloid type questions that make your average imbecile type feel like he can contribute.

Shane McGrath

That Shane is sound and a gent.

4 Likes

Shane McGrath is a gent and I’ve normally not a good word to say about Tipp hurling folk. Very well regarded in Flannans as a good guy and speaks very respectfully about every team.
Shane Stapleton is not worth commenting on, the best I can say about him is he makes me feel sorry for Michael Verney

4 Likes

I think he’s a good lad

1 Like

Listening to James Skehill on newstalk a couple of times the last fortnight. He’s very good and doesn’t pull his punches

2 Likes

Strange thing about Skehill is he said he had no intetest in watching hurling when he was playing. He must have changed his tune, good analyst allright.

I suspect Mr GoggleBox is trying to garner a bit of attention for himself

Shane McGrath on the radio yesterday evening. He hams it up but is a decent lad from decent stock.

There’s a reason why three successive Tipp managers haven’t even tried him there.