The Local and European Elections 2019 Hub

First count looks done here.

Spoiled ballots review was a bit of craic. Fianna FĂĄil threw everything they had at arguing every ballot for Andrews.

Thanks to @Funtime and those who were in on the Greens from the start for the passes.

5 Likes

I hope those cups are compostable or else that photo will be hugely ironic

2 Likes

13 Likes

Tis good but not accurate.
That fella ran in a few different areas. He got 40 or so votes in Connemara.

Cheers buzzkill

1 Like

Garry Laffan elected in Wexford.

How do they decide what papers to count in distributing the surplus?

I believe it’s done on a percentage basis.

Likely no first count result in South until at least lunchtime tomorrow. Something like 40,000 ballot sheets that need to be reviewed to determine the correct vote :dizzy_face:

% from each box ?

Some bird on Twitter at the euro count said the RTÉ exit poll is a load of shite, especially in Dublin

1 Like

What twitter account?

How are Wallace and Daly doing? Do they stand a chance of being elected to Europe?

She used write for journal

I could be wrong, but I believe it’s done on a percentage of the next preference vote.

So, for example: say in Adare-Rathkeale, Teskey topped the poll. They look at all his votes and say 50% of the next preference votes were for Walsh. If the surplus was 500, then Walsh would get 250 of those votes.

I believe that’s how it’s done, I think we had a few people here actually involved in counts, so they should be able to confirm.

I think it’s random.

Said on the news that Cuffe was closer to 19% than the 23% reported in the exit poll.

My information is he won’t be getting elected on first count.

It was as good as confirmed on the 9 o clock news that he wouldn’t