The Local and European Elections 2019 Hub

SF have been and remain toxic for transfers. The ones they will get will be from the far left, who will also transfer to Daly.

Daly gets some respect from the comfortable classes over some of her causes. I think she is far more transfer friendly.

I think Daly could potentially still leap frog Andrews there for third but that’s got to be the top four.

Will be interesting to see how many transfers Andrews gets. FF have been almost as transfer repellent as the Shinners.

BTW, that opinion poll you put up here a couple of weeks ago was woefully inaccurate.

Ah yeah I agree. I just think there are plenty of people on the left who dislike Daly. And Boylan is not the most toxic of Sinn FĂ©in politicians when looking for transfers. But ultimately Boylan needed to be ahead. She’s not going to get enough.

A massive change if Daly overtakes Andrews though

1 Like

The pretend Ra crowd have abandoned them since Gerry left

2 Likes

Are the vote counters paid for their time or is it voluntary?

Paid

:grinning:

1 Like

There’s 100,000 odd left votes to be distributed. Daly will be a lot more transfer friendly. They’re both home and hosed though. Boylan won’t get near either of them.

That was with Fitzgerald in one and Andrews in second right? I was saying after that I hoped that after transfers that it would be a 1, 2, 3 of Fitzgerald, Andrews and Cuffe and it might very well be, although I thought Cuffe would be in third and get home with transfers late on!

In their interest that it goes on for another while so

Who the fuck would do it voluntarily? They’re paid and paid fairly well

But it’s ok cos @Wanderlust said she’s a fantastic MEP but doesn’t want to be in Europe Anyway. She may well have been canvassing people not to vote for her.

I know its somewhere around 450 a day for those manning the polling stations

Virgin until marriage

She certainly isn’t but not sure her big selling points resonate. Climate change might get her some of Cuffe’s I guess but they aren’t natural bedfellows I would have thought. Boylan promoted the Ibhahim case and also was lively in the abortion ref, don’t think the former resonates that much and the latter is Daly’s big thing to get support across the spectrum.

Is it not more the case that Daly is hated by the party folks in the likes of PBP, rather than the voters? 10k votes there for PBP between two candidates, not sure how many of them are Party people.

1 Like

Yes as much as FF are transfer repellent nowadays, Andrews has a name credibility in a lot of Dublin. I reckon if you look at DĂșn Laoghaire in particular that there will be a lot of mixes of 1s and 2s for Fitzgerald and Andrews.

Annunziata is a proper lady. Brexit party 40% in Remain Newcastle, they even got 20% in Scottish border region. Marine la Pen outpolls Macron in France

Yeah fair point.

But the 4th has no guarantee of actually getting the seat they win?(or am I completely wrong here??? Thought it was Dublin and Ireland souththat had dodgy extra seats). So Daly overtaking ff would be massive.