The long and bumpy road to Super Bowl XLVI

Thatā€™s awful news BT. I was thinking of coming over for the Jets-Giants Christmas Eve game but now I see youā€™ve banned visitors.

Who is the best QB in the NFL, boys?

Put aside personal team preference when answering please.

I probably would have said Peyton Manning up until this current injury.

Now I say Aaron Rodgers. Leaving Manning out completely as heā€™s sidelined, Iā€™d go with:

1. Rodgers
  2. Brady
  3. Brees
  4. Vick
  5. Rivers

Vick? you having a laugh mate. he has been poor this season, as has Rivers to be honest. If you are talking about current form, this season alone, you need to have Cam up there. Stafford is helped by Megatron, no doubt, but he has also been a lot better than Rivers. Iā€™d even rate Fitzpatrick above them both too. Eli and Schaub have been tipping along nicely too.

Iā€™d go:
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Newton
Eli

Vick is class pal. I put his difficulties purely down to offensive line issues. I left the great Cam out as he hasnā€™t even played half a season yet but heā€™s clearly class. I acknowledge Riversā€™ average start but I think heā€™s worthy of such a rating overall. I donā€™t rate Fitzpatrick - two horribly underthrown passes led to crucial interceptions by Corey Webster at Jet Life last Sunday week.

How would yee rate the prospects of the young lad making his first NFL start on Sunday night for the Vikings? He looked impressive enough to this uneducated eye. A lot to learn still obviously.

I agree, Vick is class, and I am a big fan. but he isnt doing it this season. a bad OL has never been an issue for someone who plays like he does before. his throwing has improved since Bad Newz Kennels, and he is still a good scrambler, but this season he seems to be whining more, and generally not doing the great plays he is known for. without that spark, he has lost ground in my rankings.

rivers has been poor. He has a full WR corps unlike most of last year, but isnt getting it done, and its others around him stepping up. His 4th down blunder on Sunday epitomises his season thus far.

Fitzpatrick is doing well though, for what is a very limited team. Have to give him credit for that. I think he could be another Derek Anderson though.

Mac, Ponder did well alright. only saw highlights myself, but he was their first pick, and was always going to be groomed to be starter. Probably has happened earlier than expected, but he should be ok. Vikings actually have the bones of a good team, so he shouldnt struggle too much. Tim Tebow is a different story altogether tho!

Fred Jackson has been way more important to the Bills offense than Fitzpatrick.

true enough, but both are needed. Jackson wouldnt be as good is Fitzpatrick wasnt doing so well.

Glad to see you in the football camp now too :clap:
Looked impressive the game I saw him come on against Bears I think and did well against my beloved Packers. Media have been raving about him anyway.

Here we go.

Cowboys at the Eagles. One of the highlights of the NFL season with Al and Cris.

'Mon the Eagles. Giants went 5-2 earlier so we really need to win this to stay in touch.

Now thatā€™s an opening drive.

Michael Vick. :clap:

Doing a player based spread bet. Need Vick, McCoy, Jackson and Maclin to score more than 2 TDs between them.

So, great start. :clap:

14-0. McCoy on the ground that time. Heā€™s carried for 80 yards in the first quarter. The offensive line is finally, finally playing well and thatā€™s good news for McCoy and especially Vick. Good start by the QB too. 2 drives and 2 TDs. Romo was sacked twice on Dallasā€™ first possession so a positive start in every way for the Eagles.

Picked off!

Yeah, it looks like the bye allowed the Eagles to get their shit together.
That division is there to be won. The leading 5-2 Giants are a shit football team.
They were hockeyed by Seattle, should have been beaten by a poor Rams side and struggled past the Dolphins today.

21-0. Vick to Celek. :clap:

Vick has even put one of their linebackers out of the game on a running play. What a guy! :clap:

Iā€™m wary of the Giants because theyā€™re winning a fair few close ones despite being fairly average. This is much better by the Eagles though.

Bye week definitely seems to have provided some time to sort things out.

Giants next 6 games:
@New England
@San Francisco
Philadelphia
@New Orleans
Green Bay
@Dallas

Best of luck with that.

LeSean McCoy. :clap:

What a demolition job. Destroyed them on both sides of the ball. :clap:

I think weā€™ll win the Super Bowl.

For those of you with a betting persuasion.
From CNNSI:

If anyone breaks Dan Marinoā€™s single-season yardage record, itā€™ll be Drew Brees
Marino set the standard for NFL quarterbacks by throwing for 5,084 yards in 1984. Right now, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady are all on pace to surpass that total.
Brees is in the best position to take home the record. Not only does it look like New Orleans will have to fight tooth and nail to get to the postseason ā€” meaning 16 full games for Brees, if heā€™s healthy ā€” but also the Saints have just one game outside a dome the rest of this season. Brady and Rodgers, meanwhile, will have to deal with the elements in, among other places, Foxborough and Green Bay.
Another factor working against Rodgersā€™ push (and possibly Bradyā€™s down the line): Unless the Packers are chasing 16-0 or trying to get Rodgers the passing record, they could sew up the NFCā€™s No. 1 playoff seed early, which would mean less playing time for Rodgers in an effort to keep him healthy.

QB Yards Bye?
Drew Brees 2746 No
Cam Newton 2393 No
Aaron Rodgers 2372 Yes
Tom Brady 2361 Yes
Ben Roethlisberger 2302 No
Matthew Stafford 2179 No
Eli Manning 2127 Yes

Brees already has a healthy lead on others. His main opponents are Brady and Rodgers when you factor in the bye week. The fact that Rodgers and Brady will play in winter conditions makes it much harder for them.
Brees is 5/4 with Ladbrokes to have the most passing yards this season.

Charge!

Actually, hold off there on that.
They donā€™t have Cam Newton in their market, iā€™ll get them to add it and see if it moves the odds.