The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

Would you not be mad for a smoke after the beer? I gave up drink for 6 months when I stopped smoking

Hardly anyone speaks English outside of the tourist areas in Tokyo. It’s easy to get around the cities as the public transport is excellent.

The offy in that Ballinacurra “retail park” (the one with the Costcutter, Butchers etc opposite Punches) is the place to go for all your crafty needs in Limerick city. I don’t know if the focus on craft would pay on it’s own though. Your man in there tells me a lot of his business is Mary I students buying naggins etc.

I thought I would be and sometimes get the urge but it passes. It’s easy enough to do at home because of the kids and Mrs. Fran giving out but I haven’t been out on a proper session yet and that’ll be the tester

1 Like

I had 1 pint of O’Hara’s Pale Ale and 2 pints of Guinness on Friday evening.

I had 4 pints of Coors Light and 2 pints of Guinness yesterday.

Mixing Guinness with any other pint sized beverage is a recipe for a disaster.

1 Like

Why are you mixing your pints pal? Ridiculous carry on.

I had a nice roast in the 51 yesterday btw, smashing value for the family it has to be said.

CC @iron_mike

2 Likes

Wow. Our paths may have crossed as @Rocko and I arrived to the 51 sometime after the Celtic game. Not sure if arrival was while the Leinster rugby football game was on or not (cc @glasagusban) but it must have been around the 3pm mark anyway. I didn’t have faith in the Guinness in our pre-51 establishment but I was happy to trust my local.

I’d say we crossed alright, I was in there for the first half of the Leinster game, was sitting up the front at the windows. There was a group of about four guys sitting at a table halfway down towards the carvery on the right. I’d say you were one of those.

The 51 has been getting a bit of a bad rep lately due to it’s food and drinks promos and prices, but I was pleasantly surprised by it yesterday and will be returning for Sunday lunch again.

I’ve never been there for carvery but the food on their €12 dinner and a pint menu is excellent, particularly when considering the pricing.

[quote=“Matty_Hislop, post:3094, topic:14168, full:true”].

I’d say we crossed alright, I was in there for the first half of the Leinster game, was sitting up the front at the windows. There was a group of about four guys sitting at a table halfway down towards the carvery on the right. I’d say you were one of those.

The 51 has been getting a bit of a bad rep lately due to it’s food and drinks promos and prices, but I was pleasantly surprised by it yesterday and will be returning for Sunday lunch again.
[/quote]

We arrived halfway through the first half of the Leinster game I’d say. Just in time for the hurling. We were the two handsome gentleman halfway down the bar.

3 Likes

1,2 and 4 are winners.

3 is ok.

1 Like

Anyone try the Belgian beers in Aldi - The dubble ones are decent - 7 euro for 4 bottles @ 6.5% I think.

1 Like

Are these new? What size bottles?

Lovely

1 Like

A mix of sizes. The dubble were long neck size … Not sure how recent they are, i don’t usually shop in Lidl after their recent alliance with the IRFU.

Aldi you mean?

Fuck it I don’t know - they’re both the same and I don’t take stock which one i’m in… I’ve just done a google - It was indeed Lidl. Sorry, mate.

Sorry guys.

Lidl Belgian beers … LIDL.