The Mick McCarthy is going to make me money thread!

Balance 23 points

Bet 18

Ipswich v Blackburn - Ipswich win - 5/4 with Paddy Power - 4 points.

Blackburn have only picked up 6 points away from home this season and have yet to keep a clean sheet on their travels. I expect Big Mick and his boys to get a win here.

Closing balance 19 points

1 up after 3 minutes. :clap:

2-1 up after 54 minutes.

3-1 in 90th minute - thanks for that chewy :clap:

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 869204, member: 1137”]Balance 23 points

Bet 18

Ipswich v Blackburn - Ipswich win - 5/4 with Paddy Power - 4 points.

Blackburn have only picked up 6 points away from home this season and have yet to keep a clean sheet on their travels. I expect Big Mick and his boys to get a win here.

Closing balance 19 points[/quote]

A 3-1 win for Ipswich returns 9 points. Balance 28 points

After 18 bets we have an 18 point profit

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 869251, member: 1137”]A 3-1 win for Ipswich returns 9 points. Balance 28 points

After 18 bets we have an 18 point profit[/quote]

Bet 19

Ipswich v Huddersfield

Ipswich win - 4 points - evens with Paddy Power.

8th v 9th in the Championship. It should be a tight game, Ipswich have the second best attack at home in the Championship while Huddlersfield have the 4th best defence away from home. I expect it to be a tight game but Huddersfield have had three relatively big games against Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Burnley in the last 2 weeks and while they won all three I expect them to hit the wall a bit here and Ipswich have a full squad to pick from and should be fresh after a good win midweek after making 4 changes from the side that won away to Charlton last Saturday.

Clsoing balance 24 points

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 870305, member: 1137”]Bet 19

Ipswich v Huddersfield

8th v 9th in the Championship. It should be a tight game, Ipswich have the second best attack at home in the Championship while Huddlersfield have the 4th best defence away from home. I expect it to be a tight game but Huddersfield have had three relatively big games against Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Burnley in the last 2 weeks and while they won all three I expect them to hit the wall a bit here and Ipswich have a full squad to pick from and should be fresh after a good win midweek after making 4 changes from the side that won away to Charlton last Saturday.

Clsoing balance 24 points[/quote]

I think we’ll nick a draw here Puke. Mark Robins has fully put his stamp on this team, he’s found his best XI and we have several players at the very top of their game, such as Adam Clayton (a cut above almost every midfielder in the Championship), James Vaughan (can get a goal from nothing and bosses the opposition centre halves like the proverbial boss), Paterson (a horrible NI hun who nonetheless has an uncanny knack of putting the ball in the net), Oliver Norwood (bags of class and is scoring quality goals for fun this weather) and Adam Hammill ( a tricky winger who is on fire at the moment).

If it was my money I’d go draw no bet.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 870305, member: 1137”]Bet 19

Ipswich v Huddersfield

Clsoing balance 24 points[/quote]

Balance 32 points - sensational:pint:

Bet 20

Nottingham Forest v Ipswich

Ipswich have won of their last 5 while Forest got back to winning ways last week. Forest haven’t won any of the last 4 at home and have a number of injuries but I think they will be up for this against another side chasing the playoffs. I have a feeling both sides would see a draw as a decent result here.

2 points - draw @5/2 with Corals

Closing balance -30 points

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 873161, member: 1137”]Bet 20

Ipswich have won of their last 5 while Forest got back to winning ways last week. Forest haven’t won any of the last 4 at home and have a number of injuries but I think they will be up for this against another side chasing the playoffs. I have a feeling both sides would see a draw as a decent result here.

Closing balance -30 points[/quote]
Forest will be fielding a patched up side and Billy is rumoured to have fallen out with the chairman.(again)
Still reckon we get this, 1-0 Forest, Cox:cool:

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 873161, member: 1137”]Bet 20

Closing balance -30 points[/quote]

Balance - 37 points:pint:

Max Bet Alert*
Time for Mick to give us a n Xmas Bonus on top of the 270% profit he has already given us since August.

Balance - 37 points

Bet 21

Ipswich v Watford - Home win - 13/10 with Paddy Power - 5 points Max Bet
Watford are playing like a drain at the moment and their manager stood down on Monday, I don’t expect them to have a positive performance in light of this at the weekend as they have lost too many of the team that almost got promoted last season are really are struggling for confidence and it will take more than a new manager to fix that. Ipswich on the otherhand are flying it with 10 points from their last 12 and I fully expect Big Mick and his boys to get a win here.

The next three games after this are Doncaster and Bournemouth away followed by Charlton at home on News Years Day. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Ipswich are sitting very pretty in the play off positions by then

Closing balance - 32 points

Doncaster will do him

I hate backing teams who are playing against a team with a new manager…

New flash lad from Italy taking over watford. I expect them to rally

Me too, but it didn’t work out well for Sunderland and Poyet.

So the young lad’s Xmas money on it, it is.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 875742, member: 129”]Me too, but it didn’t work out well for Sunderland and Poyet.

So the young lad’s Xmas money on it, it is.[/quote]

you should give sunderland the chance to atone…they should beat Norwich at weekend…

does doncaster have the highest rate of HIV+ cases per capita in Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

I couldn’t give a fuck what they do now, the point was they were still mauled in Poyet’s first game ergo the TB’s should make mincemeat of Reginald Dwight’s lot.

One up thanks to David McGoldrick