The Movies just released for download thread

I’ve this one lined up for tonight

Not seen that one but Dragged Across Concrete with Mel is fucking brilliant. Odd it rarely gets a mention.

3 Likes

Agreed, desperate shite. I turned it off after putting up with it for an hour

I gave another one of S. Craig Zahler’s flicks a recommendation to @EstebanSexface recently. Bone Tomahawk.

1 Like

I’ll watch that tonight mate. Thanks for the reminder

1 Like

Let us know what you think of the ending.

1 Like

Soundest. Added to watchlist on the IPTV.

I’ll come back with a full account and thoughts on your recommendation. Don’t go far in the meantime.

Spoiler it

Good man. There’s a fantastic cast in it. The contrast between Kurt Russell’s and Richard Jenkins’ characters and the way they play off each other is very enjoyable. Matthew Fox, Patrick Wilson, and David Arquette are solid, and Lili Simmons…

1 Like

Splendid movie.

Absolutely splendid. Thanks for the recommendation.

Some gruesome bits, but.

“You say goodbye to my wife, I’ll say hello to yours, hand me that repeater”

1 Like

Yup, and one in particular :nauseated_face:

Glad you enjoyed it. Dragged Across Concrete was his next movie, if I remember correctly. Great movie too, but there’s something about Bone Tomahawk. I didn’t know what to expect with it, but was pleasantly surprised.

Ah that bit is fucking horrific.

I was surprised with the Brouder character in the end. All the characters were appealing and engaging. The pacing was superb. It wasn’t rushed and it trusted the viewer. Not a masterpiece, but splendid for what it is.

My fucking internet keeps on dropping out, doing it no Justice watching it.

You’ll have to hold tough for the analysis I promised. Hope something can occupy in meantime

1 Like

It was the first movie that Zahler wrote and directed. A serious achievement to produce something as good as that. Correction above, BTW. Brawl in Cell Block 99 was the movie that came after Bone Tomahawk. It’s equally as good.

I’ll watch that one next week.

The bit in the saloon with the mayor and his wife was hilarious

Good scene alright. I liked the one where they were setting up camp. It was like a TFK spat, with one lad claiming to be the smartest of the group. His reasoning was they were married and he was single. “Smart men don’t get married”.

1 Like

I laughed at that.

Nobody had an answer for him either.

Kurt Russell was great in it

Good to see the guy from Lost too. He was very good

I didn’t make much of Cell Block 99. Decent enoug watch but violence became the storyline too much I thought.

The dialogue between Chicory and the Sherrif had me in stitches at times.

It is the official opinion of the deputy

Do you ever shut that aperture… that’s a classic

1 Like