The Movies just released for download thread

Just watched The Contender on Amazon Prime. Jeff Bridges, Gary Oldman, Christian Slater, Joan Allen in an American political drama. Its like 2 hours of the West Wing except cheesier. Vomit inducing scutter. @myboyblue is going to love it.

Didn’t think much of it when it came out over a decade ago.

Sounds like filmed around my kitchen table

1 Like

Costner and Lane.

1 Like

Does our Saoirse bat for the other side?

Saoirse Ronan’s favourite film growing up was Titanic (1997), so she was overjoyed to not only act in a film with Kate Winslet, but to also play her lover. She said to Kate when filming: “Who would have thought, when I was eight years old, that I’d be kissing Rose one day!”

Watched this last weekend. Kept me interested. Could have been better

Great movie.

Not bad at all.
Valhalla, whilst not a movie is a superior Icelandic detective drama series well worth a look.
It’s also set in the snow @habanerocat
It’s on i
BBC iPlayer at the minute but was a joint Netflix production so may be on there.

1 Like

That’s The Valhalla Murders that you’re talking about, not the kids fantasy thing? You had me confused there. I think somebody else might have mentioned it recently. I still download everything first Flatty.

Speaking of fantasy. I watched Tenet the other night. I couldn’t follow it at all.

1 Like

That’s the one.

I’m downloading as we speak…

It’s good and dark and wintery.

Makes two of us

What a pile of shite that movie was.

Twas great at the cinema albeit I slept for 20 mins so really struggled with the plot. The kids loved it. Was the central plank of a lovely afternoon in Galway.
Ps the cinema in Salthill is absolutely mighty.

It’s one of those movies you should watch backwards.

You wouldn’t see it then

You would, and not only that but you’d be able to watch yourself watching it.