The Moving House Thread

I’m embracing my culchie heritage and will be moving ‘down the country’ at Christmas.

Has anyone used a moving company previously?

I’ve gotten a few quotes already which vary greatly.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 1050806, member: 306”]I’m embracing my culchie heritage and will be moving ‘down the country’ at Christmas.

Has anyone used a moving company previously?

I’ve gotten a few quotes already which vary greatly.[/QUOTE]

dont be a lazy cunt and do it yourself.

As opposed to ?

Did you fly the plane home from Mauritius yourself?

1 Like

Not embracing it.

unfortunately it was not possible to rent airplanes, other than paying extortionate costs.

However it is possible to rent high roof Transits for about 100 quid, or small transport trucks for about 125.

you lazy git.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 1050849, member: 112”]unfortunately it was not possible to rent airplanes, other than paying extortionate costs.

However it is possible to rent high roof Transits for about 100 quid, or small transport trucks for about 125.

you lazy git.[/QUOTE]

Not when you’re working everyday up to Christmas Eve it’s not.

every day? every Saturday and Sunday too? fuck man, get out of there quick!

That’s what I’m trying to do buddy.

Get yourself a cattle trailer bud don’t mind them auld transits

I seem to remember @Juhniallio looking for advice on buying a van here before. I’m sure he’ll do the job for free.

Mark Renton knows loads of fellas with Hiaces that are always willing to clear out a house.

Even the tinkers dont drive hiaces anymore

:rolleyes:

This house which is currently for sale in Cork City’s Blackpool area may be of interest to Wexford people with Cork connections.

Why is that now?
As an aside, money on a removal team is money well spent. I would highly recommend our relocation method for our most recent and final move (in the medium term.) My delightful wife was On maternity leave and I was still working so I simply left one house to go to work in the morning, and cycled home to the new one in the evening.
It took a lot of stress out of a major life event for me.

Any word on your car?

1 Like

Ah yes, the imaginary, mid-life crisis car.

I’m sure the lads from Pickford’s were delighted with the specially commissioned sculpture instead of a tip :smile:

1 Like

No.
Actually yes.
I was assured about three weeks ago that it was landing in Southampton about two weeks ago, and would be ready forthwith.
I have heard nothing since but the mockery of my contemporaries. It’s unedifying.