The NBA Thread

They’ve done remarkably well since having to overhaul the squad since the departure of the big 3 (4 if you count Rondo). Already a few years ahead of schedule.

Yes they are. Built largely around a team of semi-rejects (Horford being the main exception).

It sickens me that the NBA is so difficult to watch in the North-West European archipelago, particularly when compared to the ease of access to coverage of the infinitely inferior sporting competition that is the NFL.

Would you take Fultz with the first pick? I’ve a bad feeling about him. He looks lazy out to me but I could be wrong of course.

I’d imagine Danny Ainge will trade the pick for a proven star. I don’t watch enough to say who is the best pick but All the top rated players are freshmen in College and its all on potential. The team as it stands needs a superstar to improve them. I am not sure what another young player will do for them, The problem is who to go for. LeBron is the best player in the league and maybe you just have to wait until he is on the wane before you divest yourself of all the assets and CAP space built up over the past 4/5 years. Other than that a trade for Anthony Davis, Porzingas or some other big that will help on the rebounds is needed more than a guard. The trade also has the Lakers as the second pick. That brings D’Angelo Russell into play in a trade. He was impressive this year but all the top picks are also PG’s and Lonzo Ball is the natural; choice for the Lakers (I don’t think any other club would deal with his father or he with any other club)

Would you not be a bulls fan after your time in Chicago?

…or for that matter, a bears fan…oooh he went there

No, bro - My first taste of American sports was when in Nova Scotia where I picked up all New England sports through Fox -

Well actually, the C4 Basket ball programme on Saturday mornings was my first real taste - Carl Malone, Larry Bird, Stockton, Barkley, Jordan …

But I don’t watch basketball at all now - 8 foot freaks striding 5/6 steps and dunking it - the athleticism/skill is largely gone and it’s a fairly boring spectacle now.

The athleticism is as good if not better than ever, in your own day a lad like Manute Bol who didn’t see a basketball till his late teens was able to make a decent career out of wingspan alone,
There was great players then but there’s a higher proportion of them playing right now.

I’ll take your word on it — It seems a lot more boring to the adult mind than it did to that of a pre-pubescent boy…

It’s a far better game now than at any point in the past you jackass. Watch the Warriors next game, their movement, ball handling and shot selection is the opposite of what you described.

Sorry, bro - I’ve tried but the game bores me. I’d rather watch baseball over basketball.

Ah yeah but baseball is gone to shit, you’d have been better off watching that in the 80s 90s and switching to basketball now.

Good shout on Porzingas. He would be a great fit at Boston and instantly improve them and it might be an achievable trade. The Knicks need a point guard desperately and Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball if the Celtics traded either no.1 pick would give them a corner stone to rebuild around. Porzingas has been linked with a move to the Clippers, it might be bullshit but no smoke without fire. New York is a circus and he didn’t bother attending an end of season meeting. They also won’t like to run risk of losing him for nothing in free agency. I think if he moves this summer there’s something about him being eligible to picking up a huge contract elsewhere, which he’s not getting at New York right now.

The cynical foul that took out Leonard overshadows all of that.

A basketball snowflake enters the mix. Should Pachulia not have challenged the shot? Leonard himself said is was accidental, how the fuck could you plan for a lad landing on your foot? The ankle was injured already, it was likely he would aggravate it.

Sweep sweep as I expected. He knew well what he was doing, it was manslaughter.

Poppycock.

LBJ is still a freak of nature.

The Warriors have torn up the league in the last few seasons with shooting. Now add Durant on top of that.

Plenty of great “one man teams” out there as well who can put on a show- Westbrook et al.

Then you’ve had the Spurs

https://youtu.be/T3y7cWmoBCI

3 Likes

Mousey thoroughly clamped by the crew so no need to weigh in further. The play is exceptional now, shooting the best its ever been, however the cavs and warriors are just too strong. the potato eaters are getting their holes opened in game one here, likely now both big guns will make the finals without having dropped a single game. (leonard fit would have won game one for the spurs though)

We are going to eat those Cavs cunts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Clamped how? Basketball is a load of tripe - I don’t think you can clamp someone’s taste - dismiss/disagree with it, yes, but clamp ? It’s a load of 8ft freaks throwing a ball around.