The Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Thread

A thread created for posting tales of strange court goings-on akin to the Bog Cuttings section of the Phoenix.

@Fagan ODowd[/USER] might recall the strange case of Johnny Fam and the Passage East Goat. In his newly-crowned role of Roastmeister General, I’d expect [USER=109]@Mac[/USER] to be a major contributor, although I’m worried that resident copy-and-paste tit [USER=180]@myboyblue could dominate it with gruesome tales of farm-based depravity such as livestock-tupping, lifted from the annals of Maryborough Assizes.

Anyway, as requested, it’s over to you @Il Bomber Destro.

The Suzie McGuire (ex Radio Clyde DJ) case is very interesting. Suzie is best remembered for getting shagged by ex Celtic reserve Marc Crosas.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/suzie-mcguire-tried-kill-herself-4565424

Someone might copy and paste the article in.

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 1040766, member: 1624”]A thread created for posting tales of strange court goings-on akin to the Bog Cuttings section of the Phoenix.

@Fagan ODowd[/USER] might recall the strange case of Johnny Fam and the Passage East Goat. In his newly-crowned role of Roastmeister General, I’d expect [USER=109]@Mac[/USER] to be a major contributor, although I’m worried that resident copy-and-paste tit [USER=180]@myboyblue could dominate it with gruesome tales of farm-based depravity such as livestock-tupping, lifted from the annals of Maryborough Assizes.

Anyway, as requested, it’s over to you @Il Bomber Destro.[/QUOTE]
I’d watch my step if I were you.

Would the current Ian Bailey case fit here?

:eek:

Bumped for @Tess Tickle

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jury-sworn-in-at-trial-of-man-22-accused-of-dangerous-driving-causing-the-death-of-fatheroffour-paudie-oleary-31021480.html

A JURY has been sworn in at the circuit criminal court trial of a 22-year-old man accused of dangerous driving causing the death of a father of four.

Shane Fitzgerald of Upper Knockeen, Knockduff, Meelin, Newmarket, Co Cork, is charged with dangerous driving causing the death of Paudie O’Leary (42) at Scrahanfadda, Gneeveguilla, Co Kerry on July 1, 2012.

Mr Fitzgerald has pleaded not guilty.

The trial before Judge Thomas O’Donnell is expected to hear from over 140 witnesses from a number of jurisdictions, including Australia, and will last over two weeks, the jury has been told.

Among the witnesses will be members of the O’Leary family, including Mr O’Leary’s widow, Margaret, and his brothers and two sisters.

It will hear from police witnesses from Australia and the UK as well as garda witnesses.

Representatives from Toyota and ferry companies, P&O, Stena Line and Irish Ferries will also be called.

Prosecuting counsel Tom Rice said it is alleged Mr Fitzgerald’s dark grey Toyota Landcruiser was involved in a collision with a bicycle at 5.15am on July 1, 2012.

He said Paudie O’Leary died as a result of the collision and the vehicle did not stop or remain at the scene.

Mr O’Leary’s widow, his eldest daughter, Shannon, and members of their extended family are in court for the trial.

Worth adding to the above that i heard on the news and some of which was not mentioned in the article:

• The day after the victim was killed, the accused got the ferry to England and from there he went to Australia. He had not returned since until called home for the court appearance.
  • The jeep he had in Ireland and was driving that night has disappeared.
  • On the night in question the accused was boozing in the town and ended up in the residents bar of a hotel until leaving after 4am. He is accused of having driven down the wrong side of the road when he hit the victim, driving him some distance through or over a ditch and into a field.
  • The accused is from Cork.

Guilty.

Did i mention he is from Cork? This fact won’t be to his advantage that’s without question.

I see he has the famous Cork trait of running away from the untold damage he has caused, the individual is almost certain to be a deviant as well.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1098001, member: 2269”]http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jury-sworn-in-at-trial-of-man-22-accused-of-dangerous-driving-causing-the-death-of-fatheroffour-paudie-oleary-31021480.html

Worth adding to the above that i heard on the news and some of which was not mentioned in the article:

• The day after the victim was killed, the accused got the ferry to England and from there he went to Australia. He had not returned since until called home for the court appearance.
  • On the night in question the accused was boozing in the town and ended up in the residents bar of a hotel until leaving after 4am. He is accused of having driven down the wrong side of the road when he hit the victim, driving him some distance through or over a ditch and into a field.
  • The accused is from Cork.[/QUOTE]
    Awful story and despicable from the snivelling cunt if true but the one thing that has stuck out to me in all this is what the hell was the victim doing cycling his bicycle around the place at 4am?

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1098001, member: 2269”]http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jury-sworn-in-at-trial-of-man-22-accused-of-dangerous-driving-causing-the-death-of-fatheroffour-paudie-oleary-31021480.html

Unfortunately this sounds like it belongs in a possible “Fatal offences against the person” thread.

If he did do an Eddie Halvey, get steamed, drive and mow some poor misfortune down… :mad:

Sorry I now see it was 5.15 am in July, would have been fine and bright.

It was a cowardly act to abscond but my heart goes out to the lad. Sure he was drink driving but who hasn’t at some stage. He does deserve to have the book thrown at him for skedaddling but at the same time the pressure he was under knowing he was over the limit must have immense. What would you or I do if the roles were reversed? The poor family of the victim must be destroyed, both families in fact. Terrible tragedy all round.

He was out training for something, some cycle or other. The accident actually occured in or around 6am. The chap was a father of four and coached underage GGA teams.

There was an accident locally where a man killed a Garda & a fireman while driving drunk. He was convicted of drink driving but not on the charge of dangerous driving causing death.

This lad was found guilty yesterday by a jury. Think it was dangerous driving he was convicted of in the end.

Could face up to ten years in jail.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1110081, member: 1552”]This lad was found guilty yesterday by a jury. Think it was dangerous driving he was convicted of in the end.

Could face up to ten years in jail.[/QUOTE]

Ten years is fair light considering how this played out. Interesting to note he was convicted on circumstantial evidence

Another Cork scumbag bites the dust.

Are you officially back or is this supposed to be under the radar?