The north/really good looking fellas

She seems to have wrote 2 on Northern Protestants, which one do you recommend? I’d be very interested in something on the topic that you think is worth reading

Brilliant book.

1 Like

I think this is the one I read.

https://books.google.ie/books/about/Northern_Protestants.html?id=mrqfAAAAMAAJ&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y

2 Likes

Cheers, I see it has to be that one as the other doesn’t get released until next month

3 Likes

The new book is a revised edition which I’m looking forward to reading in light of Brexit and demographic shifts.

The original book was a series of case studies on/interviews with Protestants throughout province of Ulster. There were a wide spectrum of identities and beliefs among the contributors. Those identities and beliefs are somewhat formed dependent on class, age, religious grouping within Protestant Umbrella and Geography. A lot more nuanced and complicated than common portrayals of binary communities. I found it a fascinating read but it’s an area that interests me anyway. David Trimble, Eileen Paisley and Jimmy Nesbitt have all made interesting contributions in this area too.

1 Like

Oh dear.

1 Like

I didn’t think that would be a hindrance to getting a mbe

7 Likes

I wonder will they get Jeffrey to strip him?

The level of seethe here is joyous.

1 Like

Quite something. Sad to see the likes of kelly and o’dowd silenced of late. They’re more than able for buffoons like tom

1 Like

Yeah.

The new breed of SF politician up north is not of the same calibre, too much of a populist/liberal focus.

The leadership should have went to Conor Murphy last time around but I think they wanted someone with the profile of O’Neill who was young and female but also had the republican lineage that would appease the more traditional base.

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Not at all, deviant bastards all

Ooft

4 Likes

Emily is still seething over Brexit which is nice

Sammy is still seething over Brexit which is also nice .

2 Likes

Sammy is a very healthy colour.

We know Sammy tans all over

He is like a farmer who wintered on home cured bacon and lots of Guinness & whiskey .

1 Like

A walking heart attack.

2 Likes