The north/really good looking fellas

Strictly in private there were, at one point 3 super injunctions in ni. One sinn fein and two dup. The dup have since upped the stakes
A good friend was a member of the BBC viewers council. Apparently the best entertainment to be had was being privy to details of gerry anderson’s numerous disciplinary hearing and hearing what the lesser rev. and Jeff had been up to in London.
The SF super injunction involved a liason which would traditionally resulted in tarring and feathering, had the shoe been on the other foot.

3 Likes

Willie Ross was always further right than most of the DUP when it comes to not an inch. The UUP are the traditional historical party of unionism so not beyond bounds people are born into that party. The guy who runs in Fermanagh Tom Eliot is as bad as any Dup politician when it comes to Fenians too.
I’d say for Willie’s generation the cult and church of Paisley probably put them off the dup.

2 Likes

The real difference between UUP and DUP is the church they attend.

2 Likes

The Catholic driver?
I’d say he’d suffered enough already.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0430/1212957-ni-covid-19/

Darren phoned into nolan to discuss the dup leadership contest. His opened by suggesting the dup arent paying attention to a gentleman hiding in the wood pile…a province gasped and a kerfuffle ensued.

Fuck you. Now I’ll have to listen to it! Or would you elaborate so that I don’t have to listen to him?

Il save you the bother. The emphasis he puts on it is quite something

1 Like

Not really worth it tbh. Now that I’ve calmed down I reflect that kerfuffle was too strong a word

1 Like

Darren, you think your call is all over? It is now.

@1:00

1 Like

What does that term even mean or insinuate? Genuinely

Originally just the usual notion that ‘tkey’ are dangerous and lurking about nearby…like ‘reds under the bed’ etc. Now (or in recent history) a metaphor for a significant problem that is being overlooked?

Nobody is absolutely certain it seems (the word is not allowed on here)

Both the “fence” and “woodpile” variants developed about the same time in the period of 1840–50, when the Underground Railroad was flourishing. The evidence is slight, but it is presumed that they were derived from actual instances of the concealment of [fugitive slavesin their flight north under piles of firewood or within hiding places in stone walls. Another possible origin comes from the practice of transporting [pulpwood on special railroad cars. In the era of slavery, the pulpwood cars were built with an outer frame with the wood being stacked inside in moderately neat rows and stacks. However, given the nature of the cars, it was possible to smuggle persons in the pile itself, possibly giving rise to the term

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N*****r_in_the_woodpile

Is he afraid of black people or what

Thanks but who does he mean? Shinners

He got cut off. A taig majority would be my first bet…sure the taigs are sort of like n…

Did anyone hear Jane on Nolan yesterday or maybe Wednesday? I listen everyday so can’t recall exactly.

Arlene had to go because she endorsed that lesbian candidate at the locals that time.

Yeah. Holy Scripture and all that.

Another 2 British soldiers going to walk free after murdering an Irishman in Belfast. Plus ca change

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2021/0430/1213072-belfast-court-soldiers/

1 Like

1 Like