The north/really good looking fellas

So much bitterness on show here. Jim allister level hatred.

They are 2xl so we should be grand.

The only Unionist controlled Council there that has not informed Belfast Live of any planned Coronation events.

Is that the one that does have funding for events?

I suppose it all comes down to relative importance. I think progressive events like St Patrick’s Day, LGBT and the Coronation are worth funding given their multiplier impact. The likes of the Glorious 12th and Fhéile, absolutely not.

Yet again you are all over the place when it comes to trying to put any cohesive point across. First it was SF controlled Councils blocking commemorations, then it was minority Unionist Councils that weren’t getting celebrations. Now you point to ABC Council providing funding for events, but ignore
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council has agreed a King Charles III Coronation financial assistance programme which will offer a number of grants for community groups and organisations who wish to join together in recognition to celebrate King Charles III’s Coronation.
Is there any chance you could explain what point it is you are trying to make, because so far you don’t seem to have one at all?

4 Likes

When the process part of the Peace Process stops, the free money and “community liaison” jobs are gone!

1 Like

I already made the point mate, it’s on the record from Unionist councillors on the ground.

Would you support funding getting pulled from Féile?

Exactly. You didn’t get a defined benefit pension for being in the PIRA, although they did their best robbing social welfare and banks.

Just a pity it was shown to be nonsense

I agree with what he says, the more funding getting funded the better

Do you support funding for it?

Iv never attended Féile. In NI the arts is funded at approximately £3 per head of population, so I would be very reluctant to make any cuts at all. I also believe that many of the events attract young people from all across Belfast which is a major positive development. However I wouldn’t be inviting any bands from Dublin - the ones that come are stuck in their old sectarian ways and should be left down there with the rest of ye.

So to be clear, despite preaching fiscal rectitude, you would continue to fund it?

You know that it was a great big sectarian carve up?

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/dup-accused-faux-outrage-over-21328727.amp

Good stuff on not wanting sectarian bands. That said how can you approve of funding for an organisation who have repeatedly invited back said band despite the repeated issues?

That article seems to suggest it is a major cross-community event that continues to grow in size.

If the organisers are unable to prevent some of your Dublin neighbours coming up with their old 1970s sectarian ways that ye seem to cling to so tightly down there then I suggest someone else should be asked to organise - the ineptitude of an organising committee should not mean the youth of the city are punished.

No, ye took their guns instead

1 Like

Home Rule means Rome Rule.

They were spot on in fairness.

You would assume that with a substantial Protestant minority as a counterweight the influence of the Catholic Church would have to have been much less, but that could be incorrect. ( cc @ceist). You would also assume that if they had pushed Ulster into the Irish Free State we would have ended up with the mother and father of a civil war that would have dwarfed the one we had. And we would probably ended up with the same outcome.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

She will have the biggest ladle

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like