The north/really good looking fellas

The shoes on the other foot now thank God in nationalist areas,
Their ‘hardliners’ all sipping Guinness in homes bought for them in Donegal etc
Lost respect of the nationalists in Creggan,bog,shantallow, Brandy well,top of the hill etc

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
I’m actually sitting in a house on a Donegal street where Mitchell McLaughlin owns a holiday home.

2 Likes

Another fuckin slieveen

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/niamh_journo/status/1777774194597487092?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Another day if chippy Nordies getting wound up by reality going by the quotes here.

https://x.com/thejournal_ie/status/1779875017632731566?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

It’s clearly the case. Most Irish people aren’t that familiar with Cork either.

Lack of decent public transport a factor. It takes about 6 hours to travel by train to Galway from Cork…
If Croke park and the Aviva were outside Dublin you’d easily say the same about there too.

1 Like

I’d say simon knows as much about paris, berlin, derry, Belfast and his own generation as he does about covid 1-18

2 Likes

More that these are all secondary places. I’m sure more Nordies are familiar with Belfast as it is their capital.

Why take such offense? Do you think your average English person is familiar with Birmingham?

Who is taking offence? Simon is too tedious to bother anyone

3 Likes

Strange how the same people that are constantly branding Southerners as free staters - ie. that they know feck all about the North - are the same people that are offended when Simon Harris effectively repeats their central message.

I’ve been to Belfast more times than I’ve been to Paris, but I’ve been to Paris twice since I was last in Belfast.

I’ve been to Belfast more times than I’ve been to Cork.

I’ve been to Paris more times than I’ve been to Derry.

I’ve been to Derry the same number of times I’ve been to Berlin.

I’m not sure what any of this means, except that it means nothing.

Sean Brown documentary on RTE tonight should be interesting.

I doubt there’s a rural GAA club in the country with two (2) state of the art complexes like Bellaghy.

1 Like

They must have serious ladies teams?

I’d say there are a few who could match them. Corofin have a fairly impressive set-up between their 2 venues.

1 Like

Their Camog’s take it seriously alright

1 Like

3 fully floodlit pitches?

Possibly not, think they have 1 pitch with floodlights, 1 without, a training area with floodlights and a smaller astro with floodlights. Crucially though they have a seated stand, Bellaghy have nothing at all. Spectator shelter is one of the great differences between most Ulster clubs and most clubs I’ve visited in the south, we tend not to bother with that up here for some reason.

1 Like

What levels are their adult men’s teams?

Senior Football still.

Top the roll of honour in Derry and won a Club AI way back. Few Ulster Clubs to their name too.

Beat Crossmaglen in an epic Ulster Club tie in Crossmaglen in 2005. Lead 0-11 to 0-02 at half time having played with a gale. Cross came back and got it back to 0-11 to 0-09 before running out of time.

Cross won the Club All Ireland the following year and Bellaghy haven’t got out of Derry since.

2 Likes

Francis Hughes was a hurling man, Bellaghys most famous son. Probably why that club was a neon sign for the British state in terms of arming their useful idiots.

1 Like