The NRL thread

Not sure if there is a thread for this already but some stunning games and action so far this season

After a shaky start my beloved Broncos are in decent form now- we have won 3 in a row and have beaten are Queensland rivals the Titans and the Cowboys over the past few weeks.

The reigning champions the Storm look unstopable, Slater,Cronk and Smith are amazing players and they bet the second favourites the Rabbitohs this weekend, The burgess brothers though are phenominal players and if we cant win it I hope the Rabbitohs do.

WTF is going on at the bulldogs by the way?

:oops:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]State of Origin is on the horizon mate[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]for some reason 2 games are on in Sydney so NSW should win it but please God we can get another one over the cockroaches[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 759486, member: 80”][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]State of Origin is on the horizon mate[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]for some reason 2 games are on in Sydney so NSW should win it but please God we can get another one over the cockroaches[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I had to take Mrs Mac out of the bar during State of Origin last year. She remarked that even rugby fans were better behaved. For us, we were on the QLD / NSW border. Nothing like SOO to bring the animal out in people. Even more than GGA.

the GGA doesnt bring the animal out in people mate- GGA fans show no passion for their teams at all.

Its just that the dregs of Oirish society play it and they like to thump the shit out of each other

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 759486, member: 80”][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]State of Origin is on the horizon mate[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]for some reason 2 games are on in Sydney so NSW should win it but please God we can get another one over the cockroaches[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
You could play SOO in the NSW Premiers office with the NSW Riot Squad lining out for NSW and QLD would still win this abomination of a sport.

Still, my beloved Rabbitohs are apparently killing it this season, go Souths or whatever it is you’re meant to say.

Some bloke pissed on himself last night playing this rugby league thing on live TV. Is this a common occurrence in this pastime TASE?

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Is this the best you have mate?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Racism is prevalent in AFL to a sickening extent- the few indigenoous players are getting dogs abuse[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]meanwhile racism isnt an issue in NRL, we are a multi cultural sport with a great mix of races and racism isnt an issue whatsoever[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Why would that be mate?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Is racism just an issue in the smaller less important states?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 781335, member: 80”][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Is this the best you have mate?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Racism is prevalent in AFL to a sickening extent- the few indigenoous players are getting dogs abuse[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]meanwhile racism isnt an issue in NRL, we are a multi cultural sport with a great mix of races and racism isnt an issue whatsoever[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Why would that be mate?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Is racism just an issue in the smaller less important states?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Thats actually quite a good point and aussie rules has no counter argument at the moment.

But is pissing on yourself a big thing in rugby league?

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 781337, member: 236”]Thats actually quite a good point and aussie rules has no counter argument at the moment.

But is pissing on yourself a big thing in rugby league?[/quote]

I believe he pissed on the field

Animals.

Easily the most stupid sports people in the world.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 781344, member: 273”]Animals.

Easily the most stupid sports people in the world.[/quote]

says the man that comes to Australia and hates the 2 most inclusive sports, you choose the most ethnocentric sport here and at home and Im sad to say your choice of sport must reflects your own outlook towards minorities

Great thread this, the majority of posts relate to some lad pissing on himself on live TV.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 781344, member: 273”]Animals.

Easily the most stupid sports people in the world.[/quote]
Really? What was the detail around this incident? I’ve seen a few GAA players take a squirt on a pitch, there’s been at least 2 incidents I know of people doing so in Croker anyway, let alone elsewhere. There was a picture doing the rounds of a multiple All Ireland medal winner taking a squirt in O Moore Park once as well.

I am a minority

Why do no Indigenous people play soccer so ya buffoon? What is soccer doing for them?

10 minutes to the off in the grand final.

The big story is Macklemore’s performance of Same Love to a crown of bogans in Sydney’s Olympic Stadium, ahead of the controversial same sex marriage vote. It passed off without incident.

In other news, expect the Storm to smash the Cowboys (cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy) in what could be the last time you see future Immortals Cronk, Slater and Smith on the field.

1 Like

Fairly bad looking injury there. It was a big start from the Storm already but this is a lengthy delay.

Some try that.

Crazy speed ftom Addo-Carr there.