The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

On and it’s hilarious that a Laois man has approved of that post.:smiley:

Go way t’fuck. Donegal showed Cork who was boss last summer.

You’re confusing yourself, now.

I’m confusing nowt mate, you took your own meaning from a picture I posted.

Please set out your opinion in a clear and concise manner, so.

You know how I feel about these abominations. I felt for poor Duffy today having to watch on, fearful of the dangers inherent in such an invasion. Surely took from his enjoyment of the day.

But you posted a photo which is the best possible advert for “these abominations”. Well done. :clap:

Oh Sidney…

I thought we would have beaten them if it wasn’t for poor tactics.They are one hit wonders and now the Donegal lad’s will go back to being the shower of useless drunkards that they were before McGuinness came on the scene.:cool:

You mean Cork would’ve won if they’d scored more?

Monaghan’s victory today demonstrated a few things.

i) That Gaelic football is not such a skilful game that the “gap” between the “strong” and the “weak” can’t be closed significantly and indeed turned around with good coaching, tactics and preparation. Malachy O’Rourke is a top coach and went very near bringing an Ulster title to Fermanagh in 2008. Donegal are the ultimate proof that the gap is not as wide as made out and can be bridged quicker than most people think.

ii) That the idea of a two or three-tier championship is a terrible one. Monaghan would have been in a Tier 2 championship this year under a two-tier system. Their match against Antrim was the most vilified match of this year’s championship in terms of standard. Now they’re Ulster champions.

iii) That the provincial championships should always remain. This is the third Sunday in a row where their enduring value has been proved. Clones on Ulster Final day with the Hill packed and the crowd on the pitch afterwards celebrating a win that means everything. Magic. Monaghan is the fourth least populous county with a population of 60,000. This is their day in the sun.

iv) That all the sports science in the world can’t instill hunger into a team who are mentally jaded.

v) That Donegal have been living on the edge so far in this championship and that the signs had been clearly there in their last two matches that they were vulnerable. 4 wides against Tyrone and two goals at vital times masked a flat performance. They got a lot of decisions their way against Down. This was the day where little things went against them and they folded surprisingly easily.

vi) That the style of football that Jim McGuinness brought in is here to stay. Attack as a team, defend as a team.

vii) That Monaghan never feared Donegal.

just like you would have beaten Limerick in hurling, always the same with Cark, always looking for an excuse, Donegal fucking showed ye who was boss last year when they walked all over yer team of weightlifters

Their chances of at least reaching the final have hardly been done any harm today. They now have a 2/3 chance that Donegal won’t be in their half of the draw, which they would have assumed would be the case before today. Nothing was ever going to be read into today’s match.

Mate, I wouldn’t even try to reason with this tard.

I don’t really rate that Donegal team.They have very poor footballers but they had a great manager and they caught everyone on the hop last year.If Cork had a decent manger then they would be savage hard to beat.We have forwards that will rip anyone to shreds.Rebels Abu!

How’s your buddy getting on in Boston?

What?o_O

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]All-Stars as of 21/7/13:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]1. Stephen Cluxton (Dublin)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]2. Colin Walshe (Monaghan)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]3. Neil McGee (Donegal)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]4. Keith Higgins (Mayo)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]5. James McCarthy (Dublin)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]6. Dessie Mone (Monaghan) [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]7. Jack McCaffrey (Dublin)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]8. Aiden O’Shea (Mayo)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]9. Michael Darragh McAuley (Dublin)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]10. Cian Mackey (Cavan)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]11. Ciaran Kilkenny (Dublin)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]12. Graham Reilly (Meath)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]13. Paul Mannion (Dublin)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]14. Socks Dunne (Cavan)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI]15. Conor McManus (Monaghan)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Nah, Dublin have still shown the best form and I think they have scope for big improvement. Weather that comes this year or not is the question. What parts of Kerry’s game make you think they’ll win the All Ireland? You are going to have to ignore the shortness and poor attitude of the opposition in first half of Munster Final.

Monaghan for instance could quite easily beat Kerry as Lerry are so vulnerable to being run at. That running from half back today was seriously impressive. Not only off the shoulder bit at really good angles.

Donegal will also recover. A lack of effort from forwards is the easiest thing to sort out and I think McGuinness will get them to a pitch again. McFadden will never be as in accurate again. Other than McGee at full back the backs were good. Their midfield will be better (Bradley seems to be better coming in as a sub). I also noticed some of the Donegal lads being a fair bit slimmer. Not sure if it had anything to do with it, but they may have been somewhat drained.

Rankings for me based on performance and scope for improvement.

Dublin
Donegal
Cork
Kerry
Monaghan
Mayo
Meath
Tyrone

Was very impressed with a losing London, but thought Mayo were awful. Cillian O Connor is a big return clearly. But Morans decision making and selfishness was shocking and Aidan O Se is a machine but should have been taken off yesterday for his brutal selfish weak leg shooting. They might be just starting to believe the stud being written about them.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 804789, member: 273”]Nah, Dublin have still shown the best form and I think they have scope for big improvement. Weather that comes this year or not is the question. What parts of Kerry’s game make you think they’ll win the All Ireland? You are going to have to ignore the shortness and poor attitude of the opposition in first half of Munster Final.

Monaghan for instance could quite easily beat Kerry as Lerry are so vulnerable to being run at. That running from half back today was seriously impressive. Not only off the shoulder bit at really good angles.

Donegal will also recover. A lack of effort from forwards is the easiest thing to sort out and I think McGuinness will get them to a pitch again. McFadden will never be as in accurate again. Other than McGee at full back the backs were good. Their midfield will be better (Bradley seems to be better coming in as a sub). I also noticed some of the Donegal lads being a fair bit slimmer. Not sure if it had anything to do with it, but they may have been somewhat drained.

Rankings for me based on performance and scope for improvement.

Dublin
Donegal
Cork
Kerry
Monaghan
Mayo
Meath
Tyrone

Was very impressed with a losing London, but thought Mayo were awful. Cillian O Connor is a big return clearly. But Morans decision making and selfishness was shocking and Aidan O Se is a machine but should have been taken off yesterday for his brutal selfish weak leg shooting. They might be just starting to believe the stud being written about them.[/quote]

What about ourselves?To be honest i think we have a great chance if we avoid Dublin in the quarter final.