The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

What happened?

Cork have to be happy to be going in just 2 points down.

The hill is a massive advantage to Dublin

Some “winner” commited a foul to save his team.

Surely they are all “miked up” and the umpire just has to say through the ear piece “the defender picked it off the ground - it’s a penalty.”

Michael Dara Maccauley is utter muck

The booing when oppossing team is kicking a free of 45 is fucking annoying though. I wish the cunts would fuck off with that.

Yeah. That was what Pat McEnaney confirmed to BBC a few weeks ago.

Dublin should be out of sight by now. Brogan has been crap. We are taking the wrong option in front of goal. On saying that cork are shite.

Brolly will be seething.

I don’t think it would be a penalty anyway but a free for a technical foul. That’s the way it is in hurling anyway.

Are umpires miked up?

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 811760, member: 276”]I agree with you. That’s the problem when you drill a system into players. They are unable to adjust/react to certain situations.

Dublin can adjust as they are allowed more freedom in their decision making.[/quote]

Ya, that’s a fair point, but what system? A system should e obvious after a couple of years. Corks is non-existent.

Don’t agree at all it should be over, Dublin had 3 goal chances, cork had 2. Dublin have scored much less from play.

But kelly and Kerrigan have to come on and the other Tom Clancy and Kissane. Canty, Walsh and O Connor playing really poorly.

Its not thomond park pal

I think Brogan has been decent enough. He’s winning a lot of ball and they’ve been unfortunate not to get a couple of goals from his play out in front.

I wouldn’t know, I never been inside there or even watched a game played there on the telly.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811782, member: 273”]Ya, that’s a fair point, but what system? A system should e obvious after a couple of years. Corks is non-existent.

Don’t agree at all it should be over, Dublin had 3 goal chances, cork had 2. Dublin have scored much less from play.

But kelly and Kerrigan have to come on and the other Tom Clancy and Kissane. Canty, Walsh and O Connor playing really poorly.[/quote]
3 really clear cut chances for Flynn, Brogan and MDM. But loads more half chances if they’d taken the right option. McCaffrey’s run, the one before the phantom pick up etc.

I don’t know to be honest. It might be just the ref and the linesmen.

The umpires - at least one of them anyway - clearly saw the pick up off the ground and bottled it. He only had to stick the hand up, the ref would have stopped the play and the correct decision would have been made.

Between the ref, umpires and linesmen you have 7 people looking at the action and errors like that should not happen.

4 goals chances missed by Dublin. Flynn, McAuley, Brogan and Connolly. Again, like in previous games, a couple of instances where another pass would have given a team-mate an open goal. Cork have had a couple of goal chances themselves too.

Not at all, calling it as I see it. He looked unhappy a few times recently. He might be spitting the dummy with his positional move. You watch if he goes to midfield, he’ll take off. He’s not giving the first obvious ball, he’s not tracking back, he’s giving away lazy frees.

Kelly on for O Connor with Walsh to midfield and anyone at all on for Canty. They are pre-requisites. Anything less than that coming out after half time and we’re fucked.