The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

Nah he has been bad, kicked 2 into the keepers hands when he could have passed, taken the wrong option numerous times in front of goal. He was unlucky with his shot against the post but even then there were a couple of players in better positions to finish if he had of hand passed the ball to them.:frowning:

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811782, member: 273”]Ya, that’s a fair point, but what system? A system should e obvious after a couple of years. Corks is non-existent.

Don’t agree at all it should be over, Dublin had 3 goal chances, cork had 2. Dublin have scored much less from play.

But kelly and Kerrigan have to come on and the other Tom Clancy and Kissane. Canty, Walsh and O Connor playing really poorly.[/quote]
To be honest Kev, I believe that when games are played at this sort of intensity, that systems usually go out the window. It comes down to decision making, skill execution and who wants it the most.

The bench that makes the biggest impact will win. Is Dean Rock injured? Also, why is Counihan not playing Kelly & Kerrigan not starting?

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 811788, member: 1552”]I don’t know to be honest. It might be just the ref and the linesmen.

The umpires - at least one of them anyway - clearly saw the pick up off the ground and bottled it. He only had to stick the hand up, the ref would have stopped the play and the correct decision would have been made.

Between the ref, umpires and linesmen you have 7 people looking at the action and errors like that should not happen.[/quote]

But the point is the umpire’s not allowed to do that.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811790, member: 273”]Not at all, calling it as I see it. He looked unhappy a few times recently. He might be spitting the dummy with his positional move. You watch if he goes to midfield, he’ll take off. He’s not giving the first obvious ball, he’s not tracking back, he’s giving away lazy frees.

Kelly on for O Connor with Walsh to midfield and anyone at all on for Canty. They are pre-requisites. Anything less than that coming out after half time and we’re fucked.[/quote]

Or he is a victim of the ‘system’? It’s an all ireland quarter final, he is trying his best I have no doubt.

Spot on

Brolly is right, Cork need to mix it up a bit more more rather than kicking the big high ball into Sheehan at every opportunity. Pierse O Neills runs had Galway in all sorts of trouble last week and I’d like to see how this Dublin half back line would cope if put on the back foot more often.

Have to start taking these chances.worrying to be only two ip with so much p ossession. Wont have as much in the second half. Cork forwards look v dangerous. Bernard Brogan is infuriating. Dublin struggling a bit to get scores from play on the board. Cian OSullivan playing v well.[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811746, member: 273”]Cork getting hammered at midfield. Where the fuck is Walsh? Completely missing.

Where is he even playing?[/quote]FF line first 15 then swapped with ONeill

But it doesn’t matter. One was a Dave, one wa a very difficult angle. Flynns was best chance and got a score.

What usually happens anyway at that level is once they do get a goal a team starts taking points. People go in saying"we COULD have 3-4 goals". But its highly unlikely you’d ever get more than one or two.

Problem for cork is te treat is two fold, it’s not just they the middle, it’s down the wing as well. Nobody tracking McCaffery.

He’s certainly not playing as well as he can. And that’s been the story for a while. But I’d be more worried if he was quiet than busy but misfiring. He does occupy their markers too and Mannion thrives on the resultant space.

I believe Kelly was injure for a good part of the year and so may not be at the required level. They should bring on Kerrigan as his pace would give McCaffery something to think about, and it would allow Walsh to go midfield.

A pick off the ground in the small square is a penalty.

If the umpire is not allowed to do that, fair enough. When all hell broke loose after the Meath-Louth Leinster final a few years ago the umpires were slaughtered for not telling the ref what happened. Can’t remember ever hearing that the umpire is forbidden from advising him before (not that I am doubting what either of ye say).

If it is true it is madness.

Umpires are mic’d up to the best of my knowledge.

Another fucking miss. Grrrrrrr

Had to come

Hurley has been really impressive for Cork. Attendees
might recall he was a lounge boy at my wedding.

Ah magnificent goal.

Fucking finally… GOAL… and a cracker too

Finally great finish.