The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

[quote=“gola, post: 774987, member: 244”]A half decent discussion on off the ball there between parkinson, earley and moyles on the Galway and Armagh games. Amazingly they were actually criticising players and managers. The Armagh manager grimley just seems jokishly inept sticking to his attacking system come what may.
That joe lad is much better at running those kind of discussions than gilroy, who keeps having to show how much he knows, too.[/quote]

Christ almighty.

Regurgitating what is on a shit radio show

[quote=“gola, post: 774987, member: 244”]A half decent discussion on off the ball there between parkinson, earley and moyles on the Galway and Armagh games. Amazingly they were actually criticising players and managers. The Armagh manager grimley just seems jokishly inept sticking to his attacking system come what may.
That joe lad is much better at running those kind of discussions than gilroy, who keeps having to show how much he knows, too.[/quote]

is parkinson´s answer to everything just to blame the manager?..Micko, portloaise manager,grimley tonite ,laois manager before micko got a mention tonite too…its old hat at this stage…

He was right about Portlaoise as shown since, Grimley’s done fuck all to say he’s not right about him, a no 2 who believed his own hype. I find it hard to believe Woolie had much back to say about Colm Browne. He’s even rowed back on his Micko one at this stage I thought.

yeah but his first action is always blame the manager…regardless if he has rowed back on Micko since…its hardly cutting edge analysis… also he was giving out stink about blanket defence for years , now he’s saying its not that bad and Grimley should adopt it… just find him all over the place as analyst…

Grimley didn’t even need to adopt blanket defence, he just need one man to sit deeper and fill the pocket in front of Dunne. A club manager would get castigated for not doing something to counter-act it.

that’s true and I’m not arguing that…this two cavan forwards will never get that space at intercounty again in their lives…I’m just talking about Parkinson and anytime I listen to him he is always blaming managers…

I was just trying to bring the conversation away from Parkinson. He’s looking to carve a niche for himself as a shoots from the hip, “controversial” analyst. Radio stations will continue to listen to him for the time being because he provides good sound bytes.

The naivety on display from both Galway & Armagh, two well established football counties was shocking. Armagh leaving two forwards with acres of space, meaning that the ball kicked in didn’t even have to be good. Once the forward had the legs of his marker he was going to win it every time. I doubt Dunne is a super star, he’s making his IC debut at 24, and I reckon it’s more an indictment of Armagh that he was able to score 0-9, than it is a signal to his ability.

The amount of times Galway were turned over in between their own 45 & 65 was scandalous. They looked completely under prepared and without any real game plan. Instead of taking their foot off the gas Mayo should have kicked on in the 2nd half and run up a cricket score.

The most disheartening thing about the weekend was the fact that Galway were obliterated and yet they beat Wexford by 8 points in the league…Armagh were soundly beaten and they drew with us…Im now beginning to fear for summer…

or are we simply waiting in the long grass… Laois lost to Cork in challenge over the weekend dont know how they will go against Louth…

[quote=“The Runt, post: 775087, member: 181”] doubt Dunne is a super star, he’s making his IC debut at 24, and I reckon it’s more an indictment of Armagh that he was able to score 0-9, than it is a signal to his ability.
[/quote]
Socks is a football sensation pal.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 775093, member: 348”]The most disheartening thing about the weekend was the fact that Galway were obliterated and yet they beat Wexford by 8 points in the league…Armagh were soundly beaten and they drew with us…Im now beginning to fear for summer…

or are we simply waiting in the long grass… Laois lost to Cork in challenge over the weekend dont know how they will go against Louth…[/quote]
Lost to Kerry as well, and Down. Yerra we’re fucked, doubt we’ll manage to get 15 out at the weekend.

The source, which is obviously close to the panel, that I was speaking too seemed quietly confident.

How is it obvious that your source is close to the panel?

as all my sources are. :rolleyes:

Sure

Sure

yes, unlike a lot of bluffers on here, my sources are top notch.

Trying too hard now count.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 775093, member: 348”]The most disheartening thing about the weekend was the fact that Galway were obliterated and yet they beat Wexford by 8 points in the league…Armagh were soundly beaten and they drew with us…Im now beginning to fear for summer…

or are we simply waiting in the long grass… Laois lost to Cork in challenge over the weekend dont know how they will go against Louth…[/quote]

Because before last weekend you thought Wexford were going to achieve what exactly? Relegation is not exactly a sign of good times ahead

not trying at all.

Typical maroonandwhite narrow minded view.

Whislt we were relegated there were some good performances in games v. louth and in the westmeath game where the loss of our midifelder chagned the course of the game.

There was room for optimism, but seeing the manner in which other division 2 teams have fared so far its hard to think this team will have a long summer.

The addition of some players to the panel may help, but they need to forget about our old style of play and move on.

Apologies this should probably be posted in the Wexford GAA thread.

Eugene McGee: “Donegal were 7 points up after 10 minutes against Cork last year.”

:eek:

Joe McQuillan has the toughest job in Ireland this weekend. It will be a war of attrition in Ballybofey and he will probably get slaughtered by the media one way or the other.