The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

Good enough for the cunt.

The Cork Senior Football team to play Limerick in Saturday night’s Munster Quarter-Final at 7pm in the Gaelic Grounds will line out as follows:

1. Ken O’Halloran
    Bishopstown

2. Eoin Cadogan 3. Michael Shields 4. Damien Cahalane
    Douglas St. Finbarr’s Castlehaven

3. Paudie Kissane 6. Graham Canty 7. Tomás Clancy
    Clyda Rovers Bantry Blues Fermoy

4. Aidan Walsh 9. Pearse O’Neill
    Kanturk Aghada

5. Ciaran Sheehan 11. Patrick Kelly 12. John O’Rourke
    Eire Og Ballincollig Carbery Rangers

6. Daniel Goulding 14. Brian Hurley 15. Paul Kerrigan
    Eire Og Castlehaven Nemo Rangers

Subs
16 David Lordan Ballincollig
17 John McLoughlin Kanturk
18 Noel O’Leary Cill na Martra
19 James Loughrey Mallow
20 Alan O’Connor St. Colum’s
21 Andrew O’Sullivan Castletownbere
22 James Fitzpatrick Carbery Rangers
23. Fintan Goold Macroom
24 Liam Shorten Beal Atha’n Ghaorthaidh
25 Mark Collins Castlehaven
26. Donncha O’Connor Ballydesmond

Conor Counihan has handed Championship débuts to Ken O’Halloran and Tomás Clancy, who played throughout Cork’s League campaign, and also to U21s Damien Cahalane, John O’Rourke and Brian Hurley. Patrick Kelly returns to the side following an injury which kept him out of this year’s Allianz League, while Jamie O’Sullivan, Barry O’Driscoll and Tom Clancy are currently on the injured list.

He certainly fucked Kerry over in the final against Dublin a few years ago anyway.

What level of football do Fermoy play, Turenne?

[quote=“Sidney, post: 775981, member: 183”]Eugene McGee: “Donegal were 7 points up after 10 minutes against Cork last year.”

:eek:[/quote]

I heard that!

Crazy shit.

McGee is a dinosaur, he can shove his black card up his hole.

Fermoy are Intermediate A in both codes. Basically glorified Junior.

Fermoy is one of those many big towns in Cork County that do nothing GAA wise. Cobh, Youghal, Mitchelstown, Charleville etc are further examples.

What matches are on the box at the weekend lads?

Presumably Donegal Tyrone. Any other one?

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 776010, member: 24”]What matches are on the box at the weekend lads?

Presumably Donegal Tyrone. Any other one?[/quote]
Kerry Tip

Cheers

Amazed they aren’t showing Limerick V Cork considering the classic matches that tie has served up in recent years :oops:

They are.

[quote=“Turenne, post: 775995, member: 232”]The Cork Senior Football team to play Limerick in Saturday night’s Munster Quarter-Final at 7pm in the Gaelic Grounds will line out as follows:

1. Ken O’Halloran
    Bishopstown

2. Eoin Cadogan 3. Michael Shields 4. Damien Cahalane
    Douglas St. Finbarr’s Castlehaven

3. Paudie Kissane 6. Graham Canty 7. Tomás Clancy
    Clyda Rovers Bantry Blues Fermoy

4. Aidan Walsh 9. Pearse O’Neill
    Kanturk Aghada

5. Ciaran Sheehan 11. Patrick Kelly 12. John O’Rourke
    Eire Og Ballincollig Carbery Rangers

6. Daniel Goulding 14. Brian Hurley 15. Paul Kerrigan
    Eire Og Castlehaven Nemo Rangers

Subs
16 David Lordan Ballincollig
17 John McLoughlin Kanturk
18 Noel O’Leary Cill na Martra
19 James Loughrey Mallow
20 Alan O’Connor St. Colum’s
21 Andrew O’Sullivan Castletownbere
22 James Fitzpatrick Carbery Rangers
23. Fintan Goold Macroom
24 Liam Shorten Beal Atha’n Ghaorthaidh
25 Mark Collins Castlehaven
26. Donncha O’Connor Ballydesmond

Conor Counihan has handed Championship débuts to Ken O’Halloran and Tomás Clancy, who played throughout Cork’s League campaign, and also to U21s Damien Cahalane, John O’Rourke and Brian Hurley. Patrick Kelly returns to the side following an injury which kept him out of this year’s Allianz League, while Jamie O’Sullivan, Barry O’Driscoll and Tom Clancy are currently on the injured list.[/quote]

O’Neill at midfield? Is he trying to give Limerick a chance?

I thought I read elsewhere it wasn’t on? Or is it on TV3?

It’s not on here I don’t think. Their coverage doesn’t start until June.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 776001, member: 24”]I heard that!

Crazy shit.[/quote]
Another cracker from Dara O’Cinneide on the same programme saying “Donegal will probably, like many All-Ireland champions before them, become a better team in the following year.”

This is another great GAA cliche beloved by the media to build up reigning champions, and I’m pretty sure I read it about Dublin last year too and certainly about Cork the year before.

No matter that it’s clearly bollocks as every reigning champion team over the past 23 years, bar one, has performed at a significantly lower level the following year.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 776034, member: 183”]Another cracker from Dara O’Cinneide on the same programme saying “Donegal will probably, like many All-Ireland champions before them, become a better team in the following year.”

This is another great GAA cliche beloved by the media to build up reigning champions, and I’m pretty sure I read it about Dublin last year too and certainly about Cork the year before.

No matter that it’s clearly bollocks as every reigning champion team over the past 23 years, bar one, has performed at a significantly lower level the following year.[/quote]

Yeah - Aren’t Kerry 2006 and 2007 the only team since Meath in 1987 and 1988 to win two in a row?

cork 89 and 90 i think

Oh yeah - forgot that.

Twas easier back then though