The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

When and why did Donegal become so hated? I thought they were fine champions last year and played some excellent stuff. Absolute powerhouse display by Mayo today though, especially the outstanding Aidan O’Shea. The Mayo midfield domination was absolute and their defence was really good too. They’ve a very good mix of tight markers and counter-attacking pace. Some sloppy errors by Donegal for the first 2 goals by McGee and McHugh and there was no way back when Mayo got that string of points before half time to extend the lead into double figures.

August 28th, 2011, Croke Park, for bringing the game of Gaelic football into disrepute.

Donegone.

About the time Jimmy started believing that the sun shone out his hole.

I notice that tallback hasn’t replied to this yet. Ridiculous comment.

When did he ever display this?

I haven’t noticed him changing his demeanour / character / behaviour very much since taking the job. Maybe you could argue the comments last week about concussions were venturing into mind game territory for the first time but he’s carried himself fairly well throughout his tenure in charge, as far as I can see.

How did you come to the conclusion that Dublin are well ahead of Mayo?

Looking at both their games, you would have to agree Cork were better opposition Jimmy.

Since he’s been Donegal manager, anyway.

Farmer, I got caught up in the match and forgot to reply. You’re right - they deserved their all-ireland last year and they were a breath of fresh air into a championship that had been dominated by a couple of teams. I thought this year that they really lost it though - Jimmy and the media fawning which he milked all the way to Glasgow, throwing the league confident it was irrelevant and finally the arrogance and tin-foil hat stuff from McGuinness and his sidekick in the last week or two. That was some beating they took today - I can’t remember the last AI winners to ship such a humiliation. My comment, in the heat of the moment, was as to the level of the beating they were taking.

The treatment of Kevin Cassidy turned a lot of people against Donegal and McGuinness. A few harmless comments to a journalist in the off season and McGuinness turned him into public enemy number one.

Kerry in 2001.

But that’ll be nothing compared to the humiliation they’ll endure on September 1st.

Actually I forgot completely about Cassidy and Bogue. :smiley:

“You are allowed to eulogise Kerry and perennial chokers Dublin.”

That’s arguable, that Cork team struggled to beat a Galway team that Mayo put 4-16 past. I really can’t see how anyone would conclude that Dublin are well ahead of Mayo given the performance Mayo put in against the reigning All Ireland Champions. If anything Mayos performance was the most impressive of the weekend.

You don’t say.

Ideally Mayo will play shite against Tyrone and win a war of attrition by 0-09 to 0-08 while Dublin will hammer Kerry on the other side by 15 points.

Dubs hype machine will take over and Mayo can sneak in under the radar before the final. :cool:

Really hope Mayo go on and win it now. To be honest it’s anyone but those Tyrone cunts at this stage though. All the other three teams would come out and try and play football if they reached the final, Tyrone would just seek to stifle, smother, block and prevent any football breaking out. :mad:

All true, but Mayo have not been properly tested yet as Donegal were beyond woeful today. I would be delighted to see Mayo win an All Ireland, how they will react to a team operating at 90% of their potential is the major question mark hanging over them. Tyrone will be well tuned into their game plan & weaknesses, if they can’t do enough then ‘‘Dublin’’ or Kerry can imo.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 812478, member: 1552”]Ideally Mayo will play shite against Tyrone and win a war of attrition by 0-09 to 0-08 while Dublin will hammer Kerry on the other side by 15 points.

Dubs hype machine will take over and Mayo can sneak in under the radar before the final. :cool:

Really hope Mayo go on and win it now. To be honest it’s anyone but those Tyrone cunts at this stage though. All the other three teams would come out and try and play football if they reached the final, Tyrone would just seek to stifle, smother, block and prevent any football breaking out. :mad:[/quote]
FFS DK, what is the issue with people & Tyrone? They play the game to the limit i agree but they also play with huge heart & determination. Any team showcasing those attributes are to respected, not belittled like that cunt Brolly did yesterday.