The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

You’d fear for Roscommon here

ROSCOMMON BOSS JOHN Evans has handed out two championship debuts for Sunday’s Connacht semi-final against Mayo.
Goalkeeper Darren O’Malley and wing-back Conor Daly, who will line up alongside his brother Niall, are the two newcomers.
Ace attacker Donal Shine is not named to start after battling a hamstring injury recently while St Brigid’s All-Ireland club winning duo Ian Kilbride and Darragh Donnelly both miss the game through injury.
Attacker Donal Keane, who was centre-forward on the Roscommon team that lost last year’s All-Ireland U21 final, is another player to be sidelined through injury.
Three of his team-mates from that game – the Daly brothers and corner-forward Donal Smith – are in the Roscommon senior side for Sunday’s game in Elvery’s McHale Park in Castlebar.
There are nine survivors from the Roscommon side that lost out to Mayo in their last Connacht senior championship meeting – the 2011 Connacht final by 0-13 to 0-11.
Seanie McDermott, Niall Carty, David Keenan, Michael Finneran, Karol Mannion, Kevin Higgins, Cathal Cregg, Conor Devaney and Senan Kilbride all played in that game.
Both Mannion and Kilbride won All-Ireland senior club medals with St Brigid’s against Ballymun Kickhams last St Patrick’s Day.
[INDENT]ROSCOMMON: Darren O’Malley (Michael Glavey’s); Neil Collins (St Kevin’s Castlerea), Niall Carty (Padraig Pearses), Seanie McDermott (Western Gaels); David Keenan (St Barry’s), Niall Daly (Padraig Pearses), Conor Daly (Padraig Pearses); Kevin Higgins (Western Gaels), Michael Finneran (St Dominic’s); Conor Devaney (Kilbride), Karol Mannion (St Brigid’s), Cathal Cregg (Western Gaels); Donal Smith (Boyle), Senan Kilbride (St Brigid’s), David O’Gara (Roscommon Gaels).[/INDENT]

Rossie’s county board missing a trick by not adding Chris O’Dowd to the panel to make a few pound.

Meath just missed an open goal. Horrendous miss from Bray, just had to sidefoot it in.

Keeper was certainly fouled before that penalty. Tame hit anyway and a straightforward save.

And now a ridiculous goal for Meath! Was he in his own half?

That’s game over for Wicklow now after that.

Wicklow look like they have a chance here with this wind. 3 quick points.

This ref is hopeless. Ridiculous dive there to win a free in for Meath.

I hope o haras umbrella blows away

Just seen the Meath goal, mad stuff. Awful from the Wicklow 'keeper. The penalty they took was a shocker too, totally scuffed it.

I haven’t seen this goal but is it true it came from a long ball which bounced on the 14 yard line and then over the goalkeeper’s head? Yet Meath at the time were playing into a strong wind?

Meath had wind at time. Wind caught it and skid/bounced on wet ground, but v poor from keeper. Comedy of errors

Meath lad had the ball around his own 65 yard line and, wind assisted, booted it in to the full forward line. Full forward and full back went for it, the ball went over them, bounced on or around the 14 yard line and flew over the hapless 'keeper. Bit like Ben Foster at White Hart Lane a few years back.

harsh on keeper. I thought he was more unlucky than anything

Oh right, so they had the wind. D’uh on my part.

Any time your beaten from half way it’s more than being unlucky IMO. He was rooted

Rocko Do you think the ball picked up speed off the wet surface

Predictions:
Cavan 0-14 Fermanagh 1-8
Cork 2-19 Clare 0-9
Mayo 1-18 Roscommon 0-13
Galway 3-19 Laois 2-10

Fucking ridiculous call against Eugene Keating after the Fermanagh defender bear hugs him.

Fermanagh are shit. I’d say Terry Hyland is a gas cunt

Embarrassing effort from Fermanagh thus far. Cavan aren’t playing well themselves in attack but they aren’t having to. They look like they really know what they’re doing in defence however.