The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

No real big ties thrown up the qualifers. Derry V Sligo probably the most interesting.

No standout game whatsoever. Longford will be very happy with that draw

Also a major issue I have uncovered with the draw this morning.

On Radio 1 they claimed that they had the Sam Maguire in studio for the draw.
Meanwhile on the Facebook page of a Sydney GAA club I spotted the following:

[B][U][FONT=lucida grande]Michael Cusack’s Gaa Sydney[/FONT][/U][/B][/URL][FONT=lucida grande] [/FONT][FONT=lucida grande]shared[/FONT][FONT=lucida grande] [/FONT][URL=‘https://www.facebook.com/durtynellyssydney’][FONT=lucida grande]Durty Nelly[/FONT][/URL][FONT=lucida grande]'s[/FONT][FONT=lucida grande] [/FONT][URL=‘https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=423754361055845&set=a.388267591271189.1073741834.100002638535965&type=1’][FONT=lucida grande]photo[/FONT][FONT=lucida grande].[/FONT]
[FONT=lucida grande][SIZE=11px][SIZE=13px]If you had to face work tonight after last night’s shenanigans why not head into Durty Nelly’s for the cure this evening and get your pic with the Sam Maguire![/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Something is not right here.

Ah FFS sake. Put up the draw lads.

Offaly got the best possible draw. Tyrone at home, either stand up or go home. Thoughts of having to to go to Carlow o_O

[B]Round 1 of the qualifiers:

Tyrone v Offaly
Galway v Tipperary
Derry v Sligo
Westmeath v Fermanagh
Laois v Carlow
Armagh v Wicklow
Louth v Antrim
Longford v Limerick[/B]

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787764, member: 181”]Also a major issue I have uncovered with the draw this morning.

Something is not right here.[/quote]
Thought it was well known there’s more than one Sam at this stage, Donegal were said to have had 3 on the go last year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM8pDJZCUAAigCJ.jpg:large

Who knew… A savage rivalry has raised its head above the parapet after this mornings first qualifier draw…

Tipp have to make the trip to Galway…

:confused:

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 787769, member: 180”]Offaly got the best possible draw. Tyrone at home, either stand up or go home. Thoughts of having to to go to Carlow o_O

Round 1 of the qualifiers:

Tyrone v Offaly
Galway v Tipperary
Derry v Sligo
Westmeath v Fermanagh
Laois v Carlow
Armagh v Wicklow
Louth v Antrim
Longford v Limerick[/quote]

Can you please re-order those to indicate the correct home teams to avoid confusion

Nope

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 787791, member: 686”]Who knew… A savage rivalry has raised its head above the parapet after this mornings first qualifier draw…

Tipp have to make the trip to Galway…

:confused:[/quote]

All 30 of them.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 787769, member: 180”]Offaly got the best possible draw. Tyrone at home, either stand up or go home. Thoughts of having to to go to Carlow o_O

Tyrone v Offaly
Galway v Tipperary
Derry v Sligo
Westmeath v Fermanagh
Laois v Carlow
Armagh v Wicklow
Louth v Antrim
Longford v Limerick[/B][/quote]

Tyrone
Tipp
Derry
Fermanagh
Carlow
Armagh
Louth
Longford

Tyrone v Offaly
Galway v Tipperary
Derry v Sligo
Westmeath v Fermanagh
Laois v Carlow
Armagh v Wicklow
Louth v Antrim
Longford v Limerick[/B][/quote]
Ah fuck it, fucking Carlow again. Would’ve liked to get the Biffos.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 787764, member: 181”]Also a major issue I have uncovered with the draw this morning.

Something is not right here.[/quote]
The real Sam never leaves Ireland runt you should know that,I remember that cup that’s in oz now being left in a taxi in queens by a kerryman a few years back

[quote=“Mac, post: 787810, member: 109”]Tyrone
Tipp
Derry
Fermanagh
Carlow
Armagh
Louth
Longford[/quote]
You think Fermanagh are better than Westmeath? Seriously?

I think Fermanagh are less shit than Westmeath

on what basis Mac?

Ordinarily I would disagree with Mac, but Westmeath won’t get over that trimming by Dublin anytime soon, Fermanagh have every chance. Home advantage will probably swing it for Westmeath though, Mullingar is a cunt of a spot.

What MBB said and the Peter Canavan factor

you do know the Peter Canavan factor was in play yesterday?

Westmeath have a probably a similiar if not better FF line than Cavan, and a superior midfield. I would like to see Fermanagh win as i like Peter Canavan and i detest Westmeath cunts

Round 1 of the qualifiers:

Tyrone v Offaly
Galway v Tipperary
Derry v Sligo
Westmeath v Fermanagh
Laois v Carlow
Armagh v Wicklow
Louth v Antrim
Longford v Limerick[/quote]

The Derry-Sligo tie gives the GAA a great chance to have a double header with a League of Ireland game in a similar manner to how Dublin and Down played on the same bill as Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians at the RDS in 1991. What a memorable occasion that was for all concerned.

Some great traditional rivalries renewed such as Armagh v Wicklow and Longford v Limerick are renewed and if those ties are half as good as their 2011 equivalents, we’re in for a football feast.

Galway take on Tipp and that’ll be a real grudge match as far as Galway are concerned as they’ll want to get revenge for what they saw as a global conspiracy, which went right to the highest levels of the CIA (working in concert with Michael Lowry), to deny them a three in a row in 1989. Pictures of Tony Keady and John Denton will be pinned to the dressing room door, you can be sure.