The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

That’s a good draw for Carlow. Can Laois even field a team for this fixture?

I was hoping Limerick would get Laois

That’s a good draw for Carlow. Can Laois even field a team for this fixture?

I was hoping for someone decent that would put us out of our misery, Limerick wouldn’t have cut it sadly. Carlow ignorance might just fit the bill though. Tyrone in Portlaoise would have been ideal.

Another 2 Laois players off this week.

Did that ever take place? I thought the GAA stepped in and pulled the plug on it:confused:

No, it never took place. I was just talking shite.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 787951, member: 180”]I was hoping for someone decent that would put us out of our misery, Limerick wouldn’t have cut it sadly. Carlow ignorance might just fit the bill though. Tyrone in Portlaoise would have been ideal.

Another 2 Laois players off this week.[/quote]

Jaysus MBB at this rate you might get a call up yourself for this match. :slight_smile:

Westmeath have better players. Canavan might be a decent manager but Fermanagh are very weak in many areas. Size is a major issue. Cavan took the foot off the pedal big time.

But in terms if ranking there is about 12-15 places between these 2 teams. I simply can’t believe anyone would compare these 2. The fact WM are at home makes your prediction even more bizzare. I’d be surprised if they get within 6

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 787977, member: 273”]Westmeath have better players. Canavan might be a decent manager but Fermanagh are very weak in many areas. Size is a major issue. Cavan took the foot off the pedal big time.

But in terms if ranking there is about 12-15 places between these 2 teams. I simply can’t believe anyone would compare these 2. The fact WM are at home makes your prediction even more bizzare. I’d be surprised if they get within 6[/quote]

Fermanagh never feared Westmeath as exemplified by them trouncing the drive-through county in Mullingar in a qualifier in 2002.

Just using a game from 11 years ago shows how ridiculous you have become.

I doubt getting hammered by Dublin really affects anyone in Leinster anymore bar maybe Kildare. They know they are not in their league right now.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 787989, member: 273”]Just using a game from 11 years ago shows how ridiculous you have become.

I doubt getting hammered by Dublin really affects anyone in Leinster anymore bar maybe Kildare. They know they are not in their league right now.[/quote]

I wasn’t making a comment on the respective strengths of the current Westmeath and Fermanagh teams, I was just observing that Fermanagh never feared Westmeath.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 787929, member: 183”]

Galway take on Tipp and that’ll be a real grudge match as far as Galway are concerned as they’ll want to get revenge for what they saw as a global conspiracy, which went right to the highest levels of the CIA (working in concert with Michael Lowry), to deny them a three in a row in 1989. Pictures of Tony Keady and John Denton will be pinned to the dressing room door, you can be sure.[/quote]

Theres gonna be hateful bitter cunts (like myself really) who will go to that who wouldn’t go to a football match in a fit (i would though) just in the hope we beat them. Sad fact is they’ll probably beat us this is the worst galway team in decades.

Has anyone ever feared Westmeath?

Newly-married couples who could not afford Dublin property prices during the Celtic Tiger years.

Laois and Carlow, Friday Night Lights baby :clap:

Ja Fallon after nearly getting decapitated by Connaughton during his short lived comeback during a qualifier in Pearse Stadium a few years back.

that might be better with the lights left off mate…

It’s gonna be epic, smashing Carlow cunting heads and skulling pints :pint:

You wouldn’t drink warm tae

Warm tae is for girls, scalding black tae is the job.