The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 790790, member: 1379”]thats pity but the rules re eligibility for the Sigerson cant be tailored to allow particular lads to get a scholarship.

If DCU have a sports scholarship fund I am sure they awarded it to another sportsperson

Also Joe Brolly just said on TV that DCU GAA players don’t have to go to lectures. Is this true or was he just messing?[/quote]

It’s absolute bollix, they put massive pressure on you keeping up your academic results and studies. He was winding up Colm O Rourke who’s son goes there.

I share your dislike for some of their personnel. But it’s a small few who silly a generally good program.

On Walsh, you are dead right, someone else gets it, and rightly too. There is stuff about Walsh the likes of Totti wouldn’t know, even if none of it is a secret. It’s funny watching him carry on here.

Ref screwing Down, the lead up to the point there had a ;
• touch on the ground
• pick off the ground
• and clear barging as well as boarder line steps.

Down are dumb though, very dumb

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 790786, member: 273”]There are quite a few English people living in Cork Totti. Hardly surprising they’d trot up from West Cork for their head of State.

We’re you there yourself?[/quote]

I’m Italian bro, we have a Republic, we aren’t servile peasants to foreign monarchy.

The ref has given some soft frees alright.

The ref might as well have a Donegal jersey on. The amount of stuff he’s missed is a disgrace. Balls touched on the ground etc, giving phantom frees.

Just peasants so.

O’Hare kicking well. We’ll have the breeze in the second half. If we could keep it to a three point gap by half-time we have a squeak.

Another blatant pick up missed.

The majority if Italy is an absolute shithole. Fair enough Florence and Milan are nice but the south of Italy resembles the slums in India especially Naples.

McKernan should be taken off, given away an amount of ball.

Ah for fuck sake, that’s an outragous refereeing.

Thing is, Down are well I this without getting near goal and their one hand tackling ha been superb. They have no ability to switch play though. They need to get more ball to Polland.

Rodgers has been very good.

The Donegal system is serving them well, but I don’t think a good number of their individuals are actually playing too well.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 790803, member: 273”]McKernan should be taken off, given away an amount of ball.

Ah for fuck sake, that’s an outragous refereeing.

Thing is, Down are well I this without getting near goal and their one hand tackling ha been superb. They have no ability to switch play though. They need to get more ball to Polland.[/quote]

McKernan is giving ball away but Down will need him to win this game in the second half.

Naples is like heaven compared to Paddyland.

Ah ya, I was over playing it. He could score 3 points yet.

I think Down should be happy. They have not played well yet are well in it.

This game is shite

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 790809, member: 273”]Ah ya, I was over playing it. He could score 3 points yet.

I think Down should be happy. They have not played well yet are well in it.[/quote]

Donegal look flat and for all the efficiency of their performance against Tyrone I think they looked quite flat that day too.

It could come down to that old cliche, who wants it more. Sports science can do a lot for you but it can’t measure what’s in the head.

Down must eliminate the self-inflicted mistakes. They’re making a lot more of them than Donegal.

The referee has started to clamp down on Donegal’s cynicism a little bit. But he needs to do it more. They’re up there with Kilkenny in what they get away with.

Brolly definitively said Down have only given up one turnover in their own half back line but they then go and show three clips of them losing the ball in that exact position and Donegal scores coming off them.

Poor enough entertainment. Referee has ruined any chance it had by missing an awful lot of straightforward calls.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 790812, member: 183”]Donegal look flat and for all the efficiency of their performance against Tyrone I think they looked quite flat that day too.

It could come down to that old cliche, who wants it more. Sports science can do a lot for you but it can’t measure what’s in the head.

Down must eliminate the self-inflicted mistakes. They’re making a lot more of them than Donegal.

The referee has started to clamp down on Donegal’s cynicism a little bit. But he needs to do it more. They’re up there with Kilkenny in what they get away with.[/quote]

Sid Sports Science cover psychology and their manager issue Sports Pschologist.

Think Brolly has it half right. The Down tactics are working to a degree, but their attacking play is poor and execution of passes and skills are dreadful. They also keep running into bunches of Donegal players whereas at the start they were spreading the play well with kick passes and pulling Donegal players away from bunching zones.

A quick cross-cross type of running and kicking game is what will pull Donegal out of shape with a certain amount if long ball thrown in.

Not sure what they are on about with only one turnover, I remember at least 3.

No it isn’t. Every soccer player they have has been robbed and it is one of the most dangerous cities in the EU

Brolly is an awful hypocrite. If this was a Leinster game he’d be bemoaning the lack of quality.