The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

For the same reason there isn’t a top 6/7/8 in the BPL, despite what lapsed poster KIB Man used to try convince the forum once upon a time. There’s 4 and then there’s the rest.

I wouldn’t agree with your Top 4. I think at the moment there is a Top 2, Donegal and Dublin, and then a next 3, Mayo, Kerry and Cork.

I would be surprised if the All Ireland winners came from outside the top two.

When you think about it, it is absolutely phenomenal to think what McGuinness has done with Donegal from the position he found them in. While others were groaning at half time in the infamous Dublin match in 2011, I was fascinated at what McGuinness was trying to do. The win at all costs idea to build confidence in his team in order to play a more expansive game down the road.

Ha, nice dig at Cork.

I’m referring to the constant use of the term Gym monkeys as if they are doing anymore than any other county. Kildare don’t have the players others have, but they may well have blunted a few of their natural talents by being too stringent on systems and targets. A bit too Australian Rules.

They have to be commended for effort, but I can’t but help wonder where their standing would be if they had a coach who completely trusted them and isolated te talents a bit more.

They have bought into him and have an attachment, but I think in time when they are removed from football and McGeeney goes they will realize there is another way.

Their consistency in getting to latter stages was why they were considered top 6. They are back the order now.

I suspect he means teams that are likely to win All Ireland.

I agree with Farmer, the job done in Donegal is remarkable.

I think it’s a top 3 right now (Donegal, Mayo & Dublin) on present form. But in a top 5 I think it’s Cork and possibly Dublin have the most room for improvement.

On a related subject, there is unrest in Cork from the clubs about the dummy teams, the actual selections and treatment of young players. Objections were made at last CN meeting. Rightly so as well.

God i wouldn’t be surprised if Armagh beat us next week.If we do beat them then we won’t be going much further.It’s a pity because there is some fine players in that Cork team but Counihan is such a rubbish manager.If he hasn’t learned from the Donegal game last year then he will never learn and i also think he has the squad crippled with a very negative and depressing gameplan.Cork have a team good enough to be dictating to other teams how the game will be played but Counihan just will not release the shackles and get the team playing a style of football that will get the best out of the players abilities.I also think Dublin have a lot to prove and i don’t rate Mayo.Kerry or Donegal will win the all ireland.

What gripe does Meath’s Mickey Bourke have with Ciaran Whelan?

Half Time scores:

Galway 1-6 Armagh 0-5
Cavan 0-9 Derry 0-7

Derry - Cavan gone to extra time. 0-18 a piece. I’ll assume footballer of the year contender Socks Dunne kicked at least 12 points.

Are GAA commentators patronising or clueless or both? Kelly shot over the bar there from about 12 yards out and Marty called it “a little bit of magic.”

Conor Gormley is fantastic.

Awful stuff so far. Kildare have been atrocious, Tyrone not much better.

Fuck this shit, roll on the hurling quarter finals next weekend.

Tyrone are magic, Donnelly is on fire.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 804099, member: 1552”]Awful stuff so far. Kildare have been atrocious, Tyrone not much better.

Fuck this shit, roll on the hurling quarter finals next weekend.[/quote]

I haven’t watched as much football this year as usual, but what I have seen has been shite.

“He didn’t take your advice Kevin. He went for the near post”

No he didn’t you fucktard. He didn’t mean to curl it wide of the near post.

Armagh, Tyrone and Donegal have ruined football over the last decade. Unfortunately nearly every other county, my own included, have aped their tactics and now we just get endless handpasses up to the full forward line whereby a lad may or may not kick the ball over the bar.

:rolleyes:

Mickey Harte’s Tyrone have been the most entertaining side to ever play GAA.

Christ but isn’t football a distant relation to hurling in terms of skill and entertainment.

I quite dislike Masterson

I’ve put on Barney and put my daughter out of her misery…

Mickey Harte’s Tyrone have been the most entertaining side to ever play GAA.[/quote]

:eek::confused::rolleyes: