The Official Arsenal FC Thread 2021/22

We go again.

cc @Monkey_Allen @carryharry
bcc @GeoffreyBoycott

The only question is whether to try to avoid spoilers for All or Nothing or to watch it LIVE.

Whatever happens the away kit is a winner.

1 Like

Tremendous

I’m in !!

I’m very confident about the season ahead. I admire the clubs “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” motto for this transfer window.

Arteta looked at last seasons performances and wisely decided that there is not much that can be improved. Hence, the club made little effort to upgrade the squad this summer, with just one first XI signing.

Arsenal finished 27 points behind the champions last season but the signing of Ben White pretty much wipes out that difference. If we can then get Lacazette, Auba and Willian to put in a little bit of effort an odd time, the league will be ours

5 Likes

Is allowing Joe Willock to leave a strange move by Arsenal? €25 million is a decent price but he seemed like a real prospect on loan at Newcastle last season.

When an opportunity comes along to move to a bigger club you can’t really stand in a player’s way anymore.

2 Likes

It’s the new transfer policy. Keep players on the books for years and when they finally prove that they can be a very good player for the club, sell them.

It worked perfectly with Emi Martinez last season, got ÂŁ20m for him which the club can now put towards the ÂŁ35m fee for Aaron Ramsdale.
Selling Joe Willock for £25m now will allow Arsenal to bid €50m for Dominic Solanke on 31st August.

3 Likes

You have a strong finger on the pulse of the Boardroom there, mate.

You’d think the Amazon scriptwriters could come up with something better than this. Limping to an opening day defeat against a newly promoted team. How predictable.

Chambers, you are our Daisy

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That second Brentford goal was some laugh.

1 Like

It’s gonna be a long season.

1 Like

Ben White ÂŁ50m.

Lolz

It’s official. This Arsenal team are NOT Invincible.

2 Likes

It’s almost like we’re back in pre Covid times and nothing has changed

1 Like

Is Ramsdale being brought in as no 1? I don’t think he’s a better keeper than Leno.

1 Like

Very unusual transfer. Almost like when Liverpool had Dudek and Kirkland with no clear No.1. Leno being Dudek in this instance and Kirkland being Ramsdale. Surely could put that money towards other areas that need more addressing.