The Official Arsenal Thread 2022/23

Dare to dream

They’re down so long now that they’re afraid of their lives

Arsenal have city on 15th February. Im bookmarking this as when Arsenals season falls apart. Its always between mid February and mid march when they get knocked out of the cups/europe and fall apart in the Premier league.

4 of arsenals next 5 fixtures are against Newcastle, United, Spurs and City

Champions League money if possible & hopefully invest in the team in next 2 years to make a run at a serious title run in 5 years?

I don’t think that’s a crazy hope.

1 Like

Arsenal are a lovely club. Great to see them back where they belong.

The league is done. Congrats Gunners.

Citeh and Liverpool are not at it at anymore. 5 seasons of posting tallies well into the 90’s and at the business end of the European Cup competition, both are shot and their era is over. Liverpool looked leggy and tired and Citeh despite all the Haaland goals look off it. Pep is probably prioritising European Cup and they have lost huge personnel over past few seasons in Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho and Aguerro.

It’s a season of flux like you had in 2015/16 when Leicester won it, or even Chelsea winning it in 2016/17. That was a window post Sir Alex, Wenger and pre Pep and Klopp.

Woolwich are in complete command of the league now and it’s hard not to see them win it. A resurgent Man U buoyed by their big win at a Wolverhampton Wanderers yesterday the big threat, as has been identified. An 11 point cushion might just be enough to see Woolwich hime though.

A match and the ride. Well in mate.

1 Like

In many ways the United game on Sunday January 22nd would be the optimum weekend to go but i am already committed to being in Croke Park that day for the Club Finals.

I’m not one of these ‘a la carte’ Club GAA Fans who pretend they love it but when it really came down to it, they chose a non descript pub and a soccer match over the biggest Club Hurling game of all time just a few short weeks.

I’ll get over to see The Arsenal again in February or March please god.

1 Like

Admins

Please move this post to the Premier League thread where it belongs.

cc @briantinnion

Thanks

I disagree. @ChairmanDan is more invested in the title race than any Woolwich fan. He’s very welcome here.

2 Likes

There’s very little investment in the title race for any Spurs fan this season. We’re an utter rabble.

Woolwich have been the best team over the near first half of the season by a country mile.

Ye have him sizzling like a steak on a stone

Just don’t have the squad. One substitution tonight - Tomiyasu for White - tells its own story.

We go again.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same. Doesn’t trust any of the attacking subs. Did your man Viera not look decent in the cups?

A gust of wind would blow him over.

Not a bad result. Newcastle full value for their setup tbf

1 Like

that guy from Shaktar will win you the league

1 Like

Newcastle have been decent on the road this season, overall arsenal just about shaded it though… the toon army happy to take a point in the end.