The Official Cork GAA 2017 Thread

Cork 0-25 Waterford 1-19

Obviously planning to have a crack at the NHL this year.

1 Like

Cork will win AI within 3 years. Probably under next manager.

There is a juggernaut coming in Cork within 5 years . Like the dubs in the aul fupple .

2 Likes

Yep. It will look obvious afterwards.

And we had ye all lulled into a false sense of security :laughing:

I sincerely doubt it somehow

Its for reasons such as this that I have this baby bookmarked

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

A few wins in the Walsh Cup and Cork are back apparently :smile:

3 Likes

They must have discovered how to retro-fit back bones into alot of the panel.

3 Likes

Was thinking the same thing. Some lads are delusional.

Are the cunts gonna win the Walsh Cup as well?

1 Like

What’s Kingston at I wonder just giving these lads a bit of confidence booster get a few wins before the league or what?

Based on what prospects?

Do you really believe Pat Ryan and Duirmuid Sullivan will develop modern IC hurlers.

Its absolutely astonishing to see the Cork lads in the same gym as the Tipp lads. They are fucking streets ahead. Their workouts are more athletic, they are bigger, leaner etc. Cork are still way way off physically.

The problem for the next few years is the groupins of talent. Usually you’ll have some exceptionally experienced 29-32 year olds, a few lads killing it at their peak in the 26-28 bracket and a few starlets.

Cork have some good young hurlers. But in 3 years time Pat Horgan (not a natural leader) will be the main guy in group 1, Conor Lehane and Damien Cahalane would be the 2nd group and then tou do have some ability (but who knows how developed it will be)

For those interested, a friend of mine is at a club now where Matthews is the fitness coach. In 1st 3 sessions they have already done well over 100 sprints.:joy::joy::joy:

Cork have huge number of underage players and now seem to have structures and underage success. Leverage of numbers and structure and they will come through Players like Kingston coming in will make a big difference. He is sort of marquee player that a team gets built around.

Matthews produced results for Cork. Seconds away from an AI. Won a Munster. League finals etc. What happened Cork last year winning one game shows you what he was working with. He also walked the walk at highest level. A lot of criticism is from lads who are like virgin sex therapists - know the theory of it but have never been between the sheets.

Anyway I already said current management won’t win AI but players will come through and it will seem obvious. We will see.

What structure and underage success. There is none to talk of. Surely you are not talking about weekend u16 blitz where Cork have a load of giants playing?

You haven’t thought this out fella.

Kingston is 1 player. And still not even one of the vest at his own grade. All counties producing players like that. Everyone involved says little will change with current senior set up and pathways.

Matthews got lucky with an early hit of distance running and the JBM effect. He got shown up by the Clare lads with the lack of accel/decel work he had done. He really got exposed thereafter. Not sure who you are referring to in regards criticism, but if its me, i actually won. He didn’t. And he gets criticised by everyone. Its a running joke in S&C. One the CB tried to cover with saying S&C aas all nonsense. He is an unqualified bluffer who goves the trade a bad name

Cork lost the 2013 final replay because they defended very naively . JBM for all his qualities did not really think defensive and there was huge space to be ran at . Also Clare hard better hurlers truth told . Nothing to do with fitness .

1 Like

If Cork had played Ellis in that final they most likely would have won it. It was a 50/50 call.

Anyway all in the past.

When Cork are successful the lads who say they won’t will explain it away that they knew they would be.

Cork are going to build a team around young Kingston based on him getting a couple of goals in a Winter League match against Limerick. :smile:

Fuck me but Cork are more pathetic than Waterford were 25 years ago. In underage terms they have caught up with where the rest of the hurling world was fifteen years ago. They’ve jettisoned a huge amount of their psychological advantages inthe meantime. Waterford underage teams used to be beaten before they left the dressing rooms when they faced Cork. Now they travel to Cork and they expect to beat them and when they beat them it’s not a big deal any more. It’ll be years before Cork get back to that place again, if ever.

1 Like

Go way out of that. Got lucky.

I called you out on Cunningham as well when he took over Dublin. I was right then. I am right now again.

They have players coming through. Once they leverage numbers success is inevitable. And they will.

Kingston is a special talent.

Anyway I just wanted to make my prediction so I can win the Internet in 3 years. Time will tell.

Waterford for all their great players still shit the pot. Not sure they will get a better chance