The Official Cork GAA 2017 Thread

Cork starting to pull away now. 48 minutes and five up

9 ahead now with about 5 minutes left.

Won by 13. Shane Kingston with 9 points (3 frees). If he keeps developing he will be some player.

Some paper had him down as one to watch in 2017 alright.

He is a brilliant player. Big, strong, quick and skilful.

He’ll be a mainstay of that forward line for the next decade.

1 Like

Jesus UCC will do nothing with TK.
They really are going nowhere quick with that GAA Officer.

How would he have got that job? Brother? Probably needs the cash

Its astonishing. He was on the run in UK last i heard (stupid pub talk granted). I have no time for him and his cronies, what they did with some people and those pubs was a disgrace. Should be locked up.
JG wouldn’t have a notion who to look for in terms of developing the GAA there. He has Larry and Niall with the Freshers football ffs.
All jobs for his old mates. Kidney happy enough for them to make a balls of it too i’d say. Serious politics in there between sports departments, kidney and the Mardyke.

1 Like

Who is JG?

Kidney had plenty on his mind this last while I’m surprised he’s still in that role tbh

John Grainger. Development Officer. Not quite a Teddy Mac, but certainly not a moder day coaching and developing mindset.
He would have been a sub on Cork team way back. Think he won a load of Fitzgibbons with Nicky English.

1 Like

What’s the story with the pubs? Kingston owns the Courthouse Tavern is it?

Paul O’Connor was irreplaceable to be fair.

They owned, or did own at least, about a dozen pubs around the place. Including Clohessys in Limerick. Mainly in Cork though. The Wash was first place they bought and rolled on from there.

1 Like

The Wash and the Courthouse. Many a great night spent in both.

1 Like

They own nothing now and a group of them including Tk who coaxed a load of lads from my parish into a portugese investment and they owe millions on it, absolute millions.

JG, the godfather of it all, lices down the road from me in a.mansion and has ridiculous cars. I think he owes somewhere in the region of 35 million.

Not a shread of education between the lot of them and they ran the pubs accordingly. Big time charlies if ever there was.

The Cork Senior Football team to play Tipperary on Wednesday at 7.30pm in Dr. Morris Park, Thurles has been announced as follows.

1. Ryan Price - O Donovan Rossa

2. Michael Shields - St Finbarrs

3. John Mullins - Eire Og

4. John McLoughlin - Kanturk

5. Stephen Cronin - Nemo Rangers

6. Conor Dorman - Bishopstown

7. Mathew Taylor - Fermoy

8. Ian Maguire - St Finbarrs

9. Ruairi Deane - Bantry Blues

10. Sean Powter - Douglas

11. Mark Collins - Castlehaven

12. Kevin O Driscoll - Tadhg MacCarthaigh

13. Niall Coakley - St Judes

14. Peter Kelleher - Kilmichael

15. Cian Dorgan - Ballincollig

16. Ken O Halloran - Bishopstown

17. Brian O Driscoll - Tadhg MacCarthaigh

18. Don O Driscoll - Clann name nGael

19. Kevin Davis - O Donovan Rossa

20. Kieran Histon - Cobh

21. Padraig De Roiste - Mallow

I knew one of the lads who they got to go in on a pub in Midleton. He got lucky and got out around 10 years ago. Happened to meet him managing Coughlans the other week, not sure if he’s in on it or not.
But as Kev said, there was looking at it from the outside a lot of money slushing around 10/15 years ago with that group.

Davis from Skibb. Who’s the father?

Are they the crowd that the Kilmallock man was in with?

Don. Tony’s son plays for Douglas as far as I know

1 Like

Yip. He kinda slipped out of it all a bit. Concentrated on one place i think.
Bit cuter i’d say.

A few of them got ultimatiums from the women if i remember correctly. They were the lucky ones. The ones who’s women kept the mouth shut and took the money are gone now funnyily enough.

No problem with the lads going mad, if the money is there its their choice. Its just the way they treated people, some of them at least, you wouldn’t be very sorry for them.

1 Like