The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

How do you walk the hill do you just cross the road and belt away or is there a starting point and a recognised trail?

I don’t think there’s a recognized trail as such… I can’t fully recall but I remember starting off from the local school… tis a fine walk to the top. A nice area when sunny and the remoteness is the attraction I suppose but yeah, if it rains… I hope the mobile has a tv.

I’m 30 minutes away mate so i wouldn’t know it that well. Ballyvaughan is only 5/10 mins away so plenty options in shops etc there. CMs advice looks good so follow that.

Don’t rule out driving too much. Burren Nature Sanctuary in Kinvara is only 30 mins away and would be a great option for the kids for 3 or 4 hours of a damp day.

2 Likes

The intention is no driving no TV no screens, maybe a portable DVD player for emergencies.
I’ll happily fuck off up that hill everyday on my own and leave them at it, that’d my plan anyway.
Thanks though.

1 Like

You’ll have to drive around, there’s too many attractions locally.

Any swingers clubs?

Not that I know of. The closest you’ll get is the Kilfenora Ceili Band. They’ll get you swinging alright.

2 Likes

Wonderful few days in Killarney. Glad to be home though as about 4 days out of my routine is enough for me.

Thumbs up though. Lots to see and do there. Will definitely return. It is very touristy and set up for tourists which is ideal when you are a tourist.

Day trip to Dingle to see fungie. enjoyable apart from spotting a degenerate in the water who seemed to be nude (only saw his shoulders ) who was attempting to “swim” with the dolphin

That’s the fella who swims in the Funghi suit to mug off tourists, must have been changing shifts.

3 Likes

On the boat back to Doolin after a day trip to Inis Oirr with the wife and kids. Highly recommended though the weather played a big part.

2 Likes

You were out with the Sandies ??? I’m a Rockies man through and through… Tho the one time I was over on Inish Oirr we got to go up to the top of the light house, what an experience that was.

East Cork/South West Waterford.

I’ve visitied Dungarvan, Ardmore, Lismore, Youghal, Ballycotton and Midelton. I’m sure there is plenty more I’ve missed.

I’ve said it time and time again but East Cork is one of the most under appreciated areas of Ireland. Am actually heading down that direction for a few days next week coincidentally.

1 Like

I can see why Youghal wouldn’t have a great rep but its a town with serious potential if anyone ever gave a fuck. Some of those dilapidated properties high up on the hill would be a great project to take on.

1 Like

That looks fucking freezing!

Looks great mate, did you go for a splash?

Water is cold alright, grand for a 15 minute dip.

1 Like

Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny
Lismore, Co. Waterford
Killarney, Co. Kerry
Clonakilty, Co. Cork
Belmullet, Co. Mayo
Ardmore, Co. Waterford
Tralee, Co. Kerry
Adare, Co. Limerick
Sneem, Co. Kerry
Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim
Kenmare, Co. Kerry
Portmagee, Co.Kerry
Cobh, Co. Cork
Youghal, Co. Cork
Mountshannon, Co. Clare

It’s believe Youghal came on a late charge fuelled by @Kinvara_s_Passion online push.

1 Like

Kilkenny will be seething at being called a town and being lumped in with dumps like Cobh, Youghal, Clonakilty and Tralee

1 Like