The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Not enough Munster representation.

Embarrassing stuff from Wexford.
Even West Limerick managed a representative and we’ve no beaches.

In fairness it’s like the Championship of Tourist Towns as it contains none of the Premier league outfits like Bray, Courtown, Curracloe, Duncannon, Dunmore, Tramore, Lahinch, Kilkee, Clifden, Westport or Bundoran.

3 Likes

Bray? Courtown? Kilkee?

Hardly nice spots.

Tralee? Fuck sake!

1 Like

Light lunch recommendations around Wicklow please.

Wicklow town @Rocko?

Anywhere from Bray to Arklow really - but preferably in the general environs of Wicklow Town.

@Bandage - if you’re looking in. I haven’t made my peace with @briantinnion yet. I still support you, but am not too stubborn to take advice from your former pal.

1 Like

Avoid the Grand Hotel - Wyrnnes Bar in Wicklow Town. Shower of incompetent useless cunts.

1 Like

The Bridge bar in Wicklow town. Was very nice, though I’ve heard mixed reports since, it’s the only place down that side really for lunch. The Grand does food and it used to be very nice but I’ve heard its gone bad again. The Leitrim over the river does a carvery which is grand as these things go. Nice view over the sea from there actually for the day that’s in it.

1 Like

Avoca cafe in, em, Avoca. Very chatty Nordie woman behind the counter there.

Is she nice looking?

I want to avoid Avoca for reasons of over-familiarity.

What you doing down that side mate?

Side? I’m having a short break in the Wicklow area. I always take a few days away when Bandage is out of town as a sort of solidarity gesture.

Lock the thread

http://www.thetap.ie/

2 Likes

I said woman rather than girl, unfortunately.

Jack White’s would surely hold a sense of intrigue for somebody such as yourself. Great sense of history to the place.

2 Likes

There’s a nice walk out along the coast from the pier in Wicklow Town if you are into that sort of thing.

You can see Wales from Wicklow head on a clear day. It’s the most easterly point in the Free State.

What is the Gaol like in Wicklow? Is it worth a visit?

1 Like