The Official Limerick v Waterford SHC Build-up Thread

How did Kearney fair at full back in the league?

He did well, good positional sense, he is a bit small, but marked a few taller lads and had no issues with it. Only fear would be Murphy Kearney and Connos are all under 6’. With Connors about 5’ 9’ and Keaney and Murphy about 5’ 11’’.

nice one dunph, superb thread.
runty, if it’s the tipp friendly you’re thinking of, fitz started that one at 11, played the second half against conor o’mahony and got 0-3 in what is best dscribed as a barreling display.
he’s bulked up a lot but could do with losing a bit from the hind quarters.
shocks looked better than i’ve seen him thus far in 09, whether that’s because thy’bve upped the stickwork in training or because it was just a pitch opening remains to be seen.
full report http://clarehurlersforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2&page=6

(Rocko, presume it’s alright to link to another site?)

[quote=“treaty_exile”]nice one dunph, superb thread.
runty, if it’s the tipp friendly you’re thinking of, fitz started that one at 11, played the second half against conor o’mahony and got 0-3 in what is best dscribed as a barreling display.
he’s bulked up a lot but could do with losing a bit from the hind quarters.
shocks looked better than i’ve seen him thus far in 09, whether that’s because thy’bve upped the stickwork in training or because it was just a pitch opening remains to be seen.
full report http://clarehurlersforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2&page=6

(Rocko, presume it’s alright to link to another site?)[/QUOTE]

Aplogies, I was told he came on as a sub. Good that he got a full game under his belt so. Great report.

I think we really just have to give Justin the benifit of the doubt that he is slowly building the momentum and the intensity to have them just right for the championship. The match is still a month away so plenty of time for them to gear themselves up.

saw the Limerick import Mossie O’ brien hurl in dublin for Faughs and for Dublin a few times…fcuk me he’s not afraid to pull !!..hardy bassa!!

Dunph, Wayne Mac = Ollie baker… every team needs one…

[quote=“scumpot”]saw the Limerick import Mossie O’ brien hurl in dublin for Faughs and for Dublin a few times…fcuk me he’s not afraid to pull !!..hardy bassa!!

Dunph, Wayne Mac = Ollie baker… every team needs one…[/QUOTE]

Wayne Mac is not in the same league as Ollie Baker. Has tonnes of heart but his skill level is simply not up to inter-county standard.

Overall would be optimistic about Limerick’s chances, W’fords forwards look very strong but would have doubts about their backs. Not sure about Brick Walsh at centre back, more suited to midfield. Would have thought that Ken Mcgrath would have been moved to midfield rather than centre forward, would have delivered more there.

Is there any truth to the rumours that both Mike Fitzgerald and Seamus Hickey will miss this match and indeed the entire chmpionship?

Yes, Hickey is out for the year

:eek:

What the fuck?

Is this true? Seriously?

Yeah he had some falling out with the county board, think they finally got sick of his mother writing letters to them

Get to fuck. You’re full of shit. :clap:

Is he injured??? :confused:

It is a well known fact that his mother writes to the county board at every available chance to bitch and moan, she also tried to manufacture a transfer away from Murroe/Boher for him as well a year or two ago…

i was only ball hopping about him being out, presume he is fit and well, heard nothing to the contrary

Puke, the Deise were up banner way at the weekend, they played Clare and teh rest of the panel played sixmilebridge. Any reports for me?

[quote=“HBV*”]Apart from Tipp there is nothing too serious for the likes of Limerick to worry about in Munster. A win over this Waterford team should be the minimum target this year and is something id expect.
A decent showing against Tipp in the final would be positive and after that its the luck of the draw in terms of the AI campaign.
How they will turn up under Justin will be interesting for sure and anyones guess at this stage but id expect as a minimum a competitive hard working team with all the stupid mistakes cut out.
In reality an AI semi would be a good year but putting those Waterford cunts back on their holes would be a great start to the summer.[/QUOTE]

I’m not trying to start anything now, but from a hurling point of view your living in dreamworld. Limerick are behind Tipp by a mile, and still don’t have anywhere near the hurlers of a Cork or Waterford. If Cork and Waterford are well prepared, which it looks like they now will be, i would see them 2 & 3 in Munster a good bit ahead of Limerick and then Clare. Tipp i obviously rate No.1 at the moment.
I can see Waterford (who will be fitter than Limerick, notice the coaches lads) will beat Limerick with a run of scores near the end of a reasonably tight game. 1-18 to 1-12 or something like that.

Who gives a fuck?

:rolleyes:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I’m not trying to start anything now, but from a hurling point of view your living in dreamworld. Limerick are behind Tipp by a mile, and still don’t have anywhere near the hurlers of a Cork or Waterford. If Cork and Waterford are well prepared, which it looks like they now will be, i would see them 2 & 3 in Munster a good bit ahead of Limerick and then Clare. Tipp i obviously rate No.1 at the moment.
I can see Waterford (who will be fitter than Limerick, notice the coaches lads) will beat Limerick with a run of scores near the end of a reasonably tight game. 1-18 to 1-12 or something like that.[/QUOTE]

yes you fucking are trying to start something but thats fine you are in the right place.
I never said LK are anyway near Tipp btw but thanks for clarifying that.
Anyway you will find i reassessed my view on Munster late last week, i now fancy a resurgent Cork to bate Tipp who are struggling with big name injuries. I believe Cork will have one big scalp this year and Sunday will be it.
In terms of ratings, i don’t believe Wd or Cork to be in anyway out of reach of LK this year but of course im basing this on the simple premise of Lk being properly prepared and selected which they haven’t been for a few years, the same rational you use for suggesting Cork for being No2 in Munster, even with just a handful of weeks preperation.

[quote=“HBV*”]yes you fucking are trying to start something but thats fine you are in the right place.
I never said LK are anyway near Tipp btw but thanks for clarifying that.
Anyway you will find i reassessed my view on Munster late last week, i now fancy a resurgent Cork to bate Tipp who are struggling with big name injuries. I believe Cork will have one big scalp this year and Sunday will be it.
In terms of ratings, i don’t believe Wd or Cork to be in anyway out of reach of LK this year but of course im basing this on the simple premise of Lk being properly prepared and selected which they haven’t been for a few years, the same rational you use for suggesting Cork for being No2 in Munster, even with just a handful of weeks preperation.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t see the re-assesment. But i never said Cork at 2, i’d have them 3 before the thing starts. I don’t think we’ll beat Tipp either, but we’ll certainly give it a better shot than i expected a month ago.
I have it from someone very close to the camp that they are delighted (and surprised) with their preperation this year. The fitness programmes and collective training they did throughout the mess that was going on seems to have benefitted them greatly. The young guys have put a new impetus into things as well apparently.
I think people are too focused on Waterfords hammering last year and i still see them as one of the top teams, and i still believe they could be one of the teams that might(big might) catch KK out this year.
Limerick will be well prepared, but i honestly don’t think they have the hurlers at the moment, relying on Ollie Moran and Foley at this stage shows they have little or no faith in those coming through. The report i heard from the game in Castletownroche as well was that Limerick weren’t fit or physical enough. Now maybe their preperations are slightly behind Corks due to timing of the games, but when have Limerick ever not been physical enough?
It has Justin written all over it. But what he did at Waterford was with a host of really really excellent hurlers, i don’t see that in Limerick.
Expect an apology if ye bate them back to Dungarvan.:rolleyes:

Nobody gives a fuck.