The Official Nottingham Forest šŸŒ³ Supporters Thread

I donā€™t think tonight was as bad as some people are making out in WhatsApp groups and on Twitter. I certainly couldnā€™t fault the guys for effort - thought Yates and Williams were excellent (after a shaky first 20 mins). A bit of Kulechevski magic and Turnerā€™s old failing of being unable to kick a ball has ultimately done for us. We actually had some good chances, Kouyate & Boly both had glorious opportunities fall their way. Iā€™ve seen similar goals to Elangaā€™s disallowed effort given by VAR before. In this instance it was the correct call however.

My Spurs friend I watched game with said they never looked comfortable. Yes it was mostly huffing and puffing from us with not a great amount of creativity but we were playing a top 6 side, even if Spurs were average tonight - they have quite a lot of injuries to key players one must remember.

We badly need a goal scoring striker in January. Badly.

1 Like

Martial is available in January for free. Would he do a job?

1 Like

I did say ā€˜goal scoringā€™ :grin:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1736833401980592186

Here we go?

No idea. Fabrizio has been wrong about Forest stuff before. Could be a kiteflying exercise from the club to gage fan opinion

Cooper sacked.
A sad day for football

2 Likes

Only about 27 months since Nuno was winning Manager of the Month at Spurs

1 Like

No man with Saudi Pro League winner on his resume can be a bad manager

1 Like

Shame on Forest fans for running a good man.

Divock Origi could have saved him

Itā€™s a results business innit, was coming unfortunately.

Yes. Its just been a terrible run. It happened last year and he was given chances, he just ran out of rope this time. There seems to be a lot happening behind the scenes too with the likes of Worrall and McKenna training alone, not sure whats going on there.

Coops gave us the best years in decades and will always be a Forest legend

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsNffc/status/1737209235904061933

1 Like

The club has handled this deplorably and with a total lack of respect to Cooper. Fair enough if Marinakis thought it was time for a change. But to actively tout other managers while Cooper was still in the job is below the belt.

Cooper being the gentlemen that he is, has conducted himself with dignity throughout. He gave us probably our two greatest seasons in 25 years. Ultimately I feel he was let down by the players, but his place in Forest folklore is secure.

As for Nuno, letā€™s hope we get the Valencia and Wolves version, and not the Porto and Spurs one.

3 Likes

It wonā€™t be pretty to watch anyway if his previous is anything to go by

Honestly couldnā€™t give a shit once we start winning games. Pretty football is overrated.

That rules Stephen Kenny out.

The offer being put to Andy Reid apparently includes a years supply of Pukka Pies.

1 Like

Andy for the Ireland job