The Official Nottingham Forest šŸŒ³ Supporters Thread

No new signings bar Ryan Bertrand out of Chelsea who will probably start against Burnley at Turfmoor tomorrow. This has been a constant source of aggravation between manager Billy Davies and Chairman Nigel Doughty since the January transfer window when Forest signed no-one and their campaign eventually ran out of steam, although rumour has it that a couple of decent signings are on the brink and should be ironed out before the current window closes,Championship top scorer from last season, Peter Wittingham out of Cardiff being the most likely.

All the same, I think Forest should justify their status as 2nd favourites to win the Championship and beat Burnley who are managed by ex Forest man Brian Laws who in all fairness wouldnā€™t be a patch on Billy Davies in the management stakes. Davies knows the score at this level and but for a sluggish start Forest would have been a lot closer to automatic promotion last season, he is likely to have them primed to not make the same mistake this time around. A good start is essential and although Forests squad is relatively small itā€™s still peppered with quality and good enough to keep them close enough to the top to make the key signings when it really counts in January.

My team v Burnley

---------------Camp---------------
Gunter -----Morgan ----- Wilson ----- Bertrand
Anderson ā€”Mckenna ā€”Majewski ā€” Cohen
-----Blackstock ------- Earnshaw

bertrand looked a decent player for reading in the Cup v Liverpool last season. prob a good signing by the transfer acquisition committee.

this will be a tame enough thread id say

I would like to extend the warmest of welcomes to Fawaz Al-Hasawi and his brothers to the City Ground and the greatest club in the world :clap: :clap:
This is a great day for football and yet another kick in the nuts to Mac and all the other Leeds apologists on here who Al-Hasawi spurned for the Garabaldi
http://news.kuwaittimes.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/headline218.jpg

[indent=1]Al-Hasawi expected to spend heavily at Nottingham Forest[/indent][indent=1]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]Fawaz Al-Hasawi is expected to invest heavily on Nottingham Forest once his takeover of the club is finalised, a source close to the Kuwaiti businessman has suggested.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]As Sport360 reported back in May, Al-Hasawi is set to buy the Championship club, and the Forest website today confirmed that the current board are in ā€œexclusive negotiationsā€ with him with regards to a buyout.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]Al-Hasawi is also the current president of Kuwaiti Premier League giants Qadsia. It was a role he assumed in 2010 having been on the board since 200, taking over from Talal Al-Sabah, who had been chair for 13 years.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]And our source explained the financial impact he has made since taking over the club.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]"He has a big real estate business and he is one of the richest men in Kuwait along with his brothers. His brother in law is from the ruling family in Kuwait,ā€ the source toldSport360.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]ā€œHe is crazy about football and he pays for everything at Qadsia including the purchase of players, bringing in coaches, paying salaries, and even for the stadium, and prize money. He has recruited players from Brazil and Ivory Coast as he upped the expenditure on the playing side.ā€[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]And the investment from Al-Hasawi is certainly paying off. Qadsiya have won back-to-back championships under his reign as well as two Kuwat Emir Cups, and the Kuwait Federations Cup.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]"Qadsiya is now the best club in Kuwait and one of the best in Asia,ā€ the source added.[/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]Al-Hasawiā€™s love for football and previous experience of spending heavily to breed results is potentially great news for Forest fans, who are surely desperate to see their club attempt to return to the glory days.[/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=2][font=arial]A Prandelli system and a Champions league by 2016 now please :pint:[/font][/size][/font]

[/indent]

Ah lovely. After many years in the wilderness, I have decided to come back to the home of my football supporting experience, Nottingham Forest. As a flighty youth, I switched allegiances between clubs in the fashion of a current Chelsea supporter. But I generally loath English football and lost all interest years ago. Now that Liverpool are utterly shit, I am back at the club that I first supported. indeed the first game I ever watched was the 1979 European Cup Final, as a confused 7 year old, but thrilled at Trevor Francisā€™ diving header (I used to be in his fan club).

So Iā€™m Forest to my bone now. Tell me Laz, what division do we play in these days?

I look forward to Forest regaining their rightful place as the Barclays Premier Leagueā„¢ā€™s third biggest club behind Liverpool and Everton.

I know a lad from Nottingham living in Dublin. He was telling me all last season that on paper it looked liked they had the experienced players to push for promotion. However, there was zero pace in the team and hence why they were actually shit.

Unfortunately the Dexter Blackstock to Celtic rumours havenā€™t died a death yet. What do the forumā€™s Forest fans make of him?

I used to be in Melchester Rovers fan club. What a fucking club.

Reply to your emails.

Not in work. Can you pm me?

Superb :clap:
We play in the Championship Fitzy. Thatā€™s one below where we were in 98/99 but one above where we were in 07/08. In other words we are a team on the up. Last season we beat Leeds 7-3 :pint:

Dexters going nowhere buddy

SIGN HIM UP!!!

Greg: ā€˜I need to leave Cityā€™

Cunningham keen to carve out career away from Blues and catch Trapā€™s eye again

By Aidan Fitzmaurice
Tuesday July 03 2012

IRELAND international Greg Cunningham admits that he will have to quit Manchester City for his career to progress.

The Galway lad, who won the last of his three senior caps against Norway two years ago, has spent five seasons with Manchester City and has another two years left on his contract at Eastlands.

But Cunningham, 21, played no part in their Premier League title success last season as he spent the campaign on loan to Championship side Nottingham Forest. And while he is due to report back to City for pre-season training later this week, ahead of a possible trip to Austria and then China for some pre-season games, he reluctantly accepts that he is unlikely to win a place in Roberto Manciniā€™s first-team squad for the season ahead.

ā€œI need to get out and get playing games, and I donā€™t think my future is at Manchester City as things stand. I need to start making a name for myself,ā€ Cunningham told the Evening Herald this week.

"It would be tough to leave as I have been at City for a long time, since I went to England in the first place, and they have made me the player I am today. I will be sad to leave but for the sake of myself and my own career, I have to move on and get playing, and I am not going to get many games at City.

"I enjoyed last season at Forest. Playing every week was a great experience and I need the same for the coming season. I need to get 25 games or so at least under my belt to stay sharp.

"Realistically, I am not going to get that at City, so it looks like I will have to move on. Whether that is in the form of another season-long loan deal or a permanent move away remains to be seen, but I need to get out and get playing.

Brilliant

"I am 21 now, Iā€™m not a kid any more and I need to get my career moving. Itā€™s been brilliant to be at City for so long, I have learned a lot at the club and itā€™s a brilliant place to learn your trade.

ā€œBut I am ambitious for myself. I want to do well at club level and I want to get back into the Ireland squad, and thatā€™s not going to happen if I am stuck in the reserves,ā€ added Cunningham, whose twin brother, Dan, is currently in the first team with Dundalk.

The Galway lad was still in his teens when he made the breakthrough into the first team at City, making three appearances in the 2009/10 season. His debut was as a half-time sub for Dutch star Nigel de Jong in an FA Cup win over Scunthorpe, and he played twice in the Premier League, as a subtitute, at the end of that season.

Things got even better for the Galway lad as he was handed his Ireland debut by Giovanni Trapattoni against Algeria in May 2010.

Appearances

At the start of the following season he was still in the City squad, making two more appearances before he was sent out on loan to Leicester City.

That loan spell ended prematurely for Cunningham as he suffered a broken leg during a New Yearā€™s Day battle with Hull City. He was forced to spend a period on the sidelines recuperating, bravely winning his fitness battle and making a return to action.

City sent him on loan again, to Forest, to get experience last season, and while Manciniā€™s side went on to win the Premier League title, Cunningham watched from afar.

ā€œThey had a strong squad last season and will only be stronger next season. Winning the league was a brilliant achievement for the players and the manager and I was delighted for the lads, but I wasnā€™t part of it,ā€ he says.

"They want to push on and win the league again, try to win the Champions League, and they are going to add to their squad which will make it more difficult for players like me to get games.

"I watched on TV the day they won the league title. I was back in Galway with my family but I wasnā€™t there in Manchester on the day.

"I was delighted for the lads, to win the way they did was a great tribute to them.

ā€œIt didnā€™t seem as if it would go Cityā€™s way and United had it in their grasp but, to give the manager and the players credit, they took the opportunity and winning it the way they did was something youā€™d never forget,ā€ added Cunningham, who will return to Eastlands this week.

ā€œI travelled over on Monday and Iā€™m due to report back to the club on Thursday for pre-season and I will crack on with things then,ā€ he says.

ā€œMy agent has been speaking to the club and I hope that something will be arranged soon enough, whether thatā€™s a loan or a long-term move.ā€

Ireland is also on the playerā€™s mind as he was not even on the fringes of the squad for Euro 2012, but he hopes to force his way into the frame for the next campaign.

ā€œHopefully a slot or two could open up in the squad and I feel I can contribute,ā€ says Cunningham, who played for the U21s in their recent games with Denmark and Italy.

Honour

ā€œIt was a huge honour for me to captain the team for the last two games. We had a good result at home to Italy and if we beat Turkey in the next qualifier in August we have a great chance of qualifying for the finals. I want to push on to the seniors but I am enjoying the games with the U21s,ā€ added Cunningham.

"We have a very strong U21 squad now. A lot of us have been together since we were under-14s and Iā€™d love to see lads like Robbie Brady and Shane Duffy come through and try to catch Trapattoniā€™s eye.

"I had thought about going to Poland to watch the Euros as a fan, but we finished the season late due to the under-21 games and I felt I needed a break after that, so I went to the USA on holidays and watched the Ireland games in an Irish pub in Chicago.

"The next campaign starts in September and I hope I can get in.

"I know people have been down since the Euros but you only have to look at the final and see that the two teams who got to the final both came from our group so I think we did reasonably well.

Thanks Laz. Do we get to beat Leeds again this season? I would very much like to watch that.
This Greg Cunningham is clearly the answer, sign him up!

One thing I do remember from being a Forest supporter is that we donā€™t like being called Notts Forest, so all contributers to this noble thread, please pay heed and refer to our beloved club in the correct and respectful manner.

Cotterill sacked.

Harry to take over ???

Inevitable once the takeover was confirmed. Nice lad was Cotts and he did come out with the immortal line after losing 2-1 to Boro ā€˜If we hadnā€™t conceded twice weā€™d have won the game 1-0ā€™

No to Arry. No to McLeish. Bring back Billy!!!

Hoddle is favourite. Heā€™s as low as 4/6 but can be backed at 9/4
Mick McArthy is a general 9/4 shot.
Roy is 6s with Coral but only evens with Laddies

Thereā€™s different reasons why the above 3 might make a go of it. MM probably the safest pair of hands but his style would not go down well at the CG.
Hoddle been out of the game for a bit but heā€™s bring the right approach at least. Risky enough though bearing in mind heā€™s a bit of a loo lah. Shades of Schteve McLaren all over again too
Roy Keane should never have left in the first place. He was never right after he left us and maybe itā€™s time he came home.

Darren Ferguson is said to be in the mix as well. No thank you

Big Mick all the way

Please, please, please let Roy Keane be our next manager. Heā€™s be back at his spiritual home, a glorious age of controversy and inevitable disappointment would follow, but it would be entertaining if nothing else.