The official Roman Catholic thread

Good choice. He also features in many hilarious jokes

I love hilarious jokes.

On a religious theme:

When were travellers first mentioned in the bible?

When they prayed to Johanna in the Hi-Ace

What’s the first mention of drugs in the Bible?

When Jesus was stoned (don’t actually think he was ever stoned)

Sure how could they stone Jesus. He would have turned the rocks into wine (granted his robes would then have been destroyed with wine stains)

My brother got married in Rome and the priest that did the cerenomy was Iggy O’Donovan, who caused a bit of a stir with the Vatican when he con-celebrated Mass with his Protestant counter part in Drogheda a couple of years back.

Funny bloke. He told a joke about the morning after the wedding in Cana. Poor old Joseph was dying after he had drunk all the wine that Jesus had created. Mary was concerned and asked him if he wanted a glass of water.

‘That would be great’ said Joseph, ‘But don’t let that young buck near it!’

Signing in.

This thread has great potential.

I present you Mary Magdalene.

By all means she seems to have been a noble lady but she was painted to be a common skivy by the cunts in the church. Just another example of them twisting the story to suit themselves.

Any favourite hymns lads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-u2Jtikd78

Educated Munster.

Finbarr was a trier, God bless him.

What are your thoughts on contraception and abortion lads?

"Any action which, either in anticipation of the conjugal act (sexual intercourse), or in its accomplishment, or in the development of its natural consequences, proposes, whether as an end or as a means, to render procreation impossible. This includes sterilization, condoms and other barrier methods, spermicides, bcoitus interruptus (withdrawal method), the Pill, and all other such methods. "

What a great name for pulling out before you shoot the load. :guns:

On premarital sex…

“It is written (Tob. 4:13): ‘Take heed to keep thyself. . . from all fornication, and beside thy wife never endure to know a crime.’ Now crime denotes a mortal sin. Therefore fornication and all intercourse with other than one’s wife is a mortal sin.” - St. Thomas Aquinas

They never mentioned her brutal tits so didn’t slate her completely

The legendary St. Francis of Assisi :clap: A massive fan of hunting and other rural pursuits.

Superb thread. Any chance of a relaunch of the former altar boys group Tinnion?

Common inbred peasants North Tipperary.

I give you Barabbas

Vote him in again.

:clap:

How apt.

My favourite religious joke is:

What was the first mention of soccer in the bible?

When Jesus went up for the cross.

What was the first mention of the rubber man?

When Moses tied his ass to a tree and walked five miles into Jerusalem

The incredible lives of the twins SS Cosmas and Damian have always intrigued me. They went before Lycias to face certain death by being burnt at the stake but the fire turned against their enemies, then they were shot with arrows but the arrows turned away from them, then they were thrown in the sea but they came ashore unharmed. Finally they were just decapitated and that was the end of that. In the Fra Angelico predella piece below, the attempted martyrdom by fire of the saints is shown.

http://www.oilpaintings4u.com/artist_b/F/491/fa491_36.jpg

Had Diocletian had a bit more success with these fanatics the Ryan Report might never have been necessary.